iii. control

iii. control

[warnings: fainting,
implied/reference violence & fighting]

[warnings: fainting, implied/reference violence & fighting]

[present - normal]
[past - italics]

"I chained it up in a barn outside the barrier" explained Farah.

"You should've killed it" said Saul.

"And leave it in the human world?"

"You should have brought it back here and then killed it"

"Did it break your skin?" Naida asked, standing up as Farah turned around.

"No it didn't, I'm not infected" she said, "I got Ben to make some Zanbaq oil from some flowers in the greenhouse - I've dosed it up so it won't be conscious for hours.

"Farah - " started Naida, swapping an concerned looked with Saul.

"I need to know if this is an isolated incident or something more"

"Something more?" asked Saul instantly.

Farah paused for a second, "I found a changing in the First World"

Naida and Saul both sighed, "A changeling?" Saul asked, "I've not heard about one of those in centuries"

"Yet there she was, left sixteen years ago - around the time the last Burned One was spotted"

"You think it's all connected" said Naida, catching onto Farah's thoughts.

"I'm struggling, Rosalind kept so much from us"

"If what Farah is saying is true... then we should be worried about the students" said Naida to both of them, "Worried about Sky and Sam and Terra, because the Alfea that we knew is so different to the one they're growing up in - they're not ready"

"Even if the world was safe, what they are going through can seem impossible - they've got so much life to experience. But this world isn't safe - and I don't know how long we can protect them from it" the silence on the room was stifling, the only thing permeating it being Farah's soft voice, "I know you both feel it too - the shift."

"We've had order for so long, they have no clue what chaos feels like" whispered Naida.

"They might soon"

◖◇◗

"Fucking chaos" said Saul, as they approached camp again.

"Understatement" said Andreas, who was carrying a weakened Naida on his back, she'd exhausted herself creating a water shield around them while they were being attacked by Burned Ones - a new skill that Rosalind taught her.