vii. wounds

vii. wounds

[warnings: injury (non-graphic)
coughing blood]

[warnings: injury (non-graphic)coughing blood]

[present - normal
past - italics]

"Any stand-out students in the first year?" Farah asked Naida, who was laying on the sofa in the Headmistresses office.

"Beatrix, Terra - obviously, Veronica, Thomas and... Aisha - she has power" answered Naida, counting the students on his finger.

And just as she finished Beatrix rushed into Farah's office, causing them all to look up at her in questioning.

"Headmaster Silva's injured, I don't know what happened to him - maybe that monster thing" she panted out.

"Fuck" whispered Naida, standing up after the first couple of words, "Thanks love" she muttered hastily to Beatrix as she rushed out the room - thoughts racing and Farah and Callum on her heels.

"Come on" said Farah, her long legs letting her catch up to the other woman, "You getting deja vu?"

"Yeah"

◖◇◗

"It's Eraklyon" said Lily, one of Farah and Naida's roommates, bursting into the Suite's communal area, "He's just come back with Silva- he's hurt, and it's bad"

"What?" said Naida, standing up suddenly, the book she was reading fell to the floor.

"Multiple Burned One scratches" said Lily, trailing after Naida and Farah who were rushing to the infirmary, "Silva's not in great condition either"

"This is what happens when you send Specialists of on missions without fairies" ranted Farah, gripping Naida's hand comfortingly as they approached the infirmary.

"Move" shouted Lily, to the crowd of mainly first years who were standing outside the infirmary as though what was going on inside was a film scene, or a bit of theatre - instead of two injured teenage boys.

The three of them pushed thought the crowd, but by the end the crowd had made way for them, all of them staring at Naida, waiting for her reaction.

"Andreas" she whispered under her breath, as she saw her boyfriend on a hospital bed, skin with a grey tinge, and a bandaged and worried Saul sitting on the seat next to him.

She ran towards the bed, Saul glancing up at her and giving her his seat.

"Hey Nads" Andreas whispered weakly, grinning at his girlfriend.

"Hey Andi" she said softly grasping his free hand with hers, "You look like shit" she said, brushing a strand out from his face.

"I'd say right back at ya - but that would be a lie" he said, chuckling before he started to caught heavily, blood staining the once pristine white sheets.

"Grey, Professor Grey" Farah called, "He needs help"

"Is that Farah Dowling caring 'bout me?" joked Andreas, voice scratchier and hoarser then before his coughing fit.

"Shut up" said Farah, giving him a smile.

"Move aside Dowling" said Grey, gesturing for Farah to move backward, "Drink this" he ordered, pressing a  cup with a light blue liquid to Andreas' lips "Tt'll help with the coughing - a rare but not impossible response to infection"

"Infection" said Naida urgently, looking up concerned.

"Lily said there were multiple Burned One wounds - was there ne of them or more?" Farah asked.

Andreas and Saul exchanged a look, "An answer?" asked Naida urgently, fixing both boys with equally dangerous glares.

"Multiple" said Andreas weakly.

"And Saul?" asked Ben, him and Rose were standing on the side - having gone unnoticed by Farah and Naida until then.

"Just One" he said, "And it wasn't big, there's not much of an infection - Andreas on the other hand..."

"Don't worry about me" said Andreas, giving Saul a sharp look before turning to Naida with wide eyes.

"I very much will be worrying, thank you" she said sharply.

"I've got to go see Rosalind" said Saul, "About attacking the nest that caught us off guard - it'll be the only way to get rid of the infection"

"Silva" said Grey sharply, "You're  not going on any kind of mission - you're still infected kid - it's bed rest for you"

"I'm fine" said Saul, trying to make his way to the door, before Naida stopped him.

"You heard the guy" she said sharply, "Bed rest Saul"

"We'll go to Rosalind" said Ben, gesturing to himself, Farah and Rose, "You three stay here" he added on, gesturing to Naida, Andreas and Saul.

"Sounds good" said Rose before Saul could argue, dragging Farah and Ben out of the greenhouse where they saw that the crowd had dispersed - probably thanks to Lily.

"You really left the three of them in there together?" asked Farah dryly.

"There's Grey" excused Ben.

"Really think he could stop a Silva vs Eraklyon dick measuring competition?" asked Rose sarcastically.

"I was thinking of fight - but there's that too" laughed Farah.

◖◇◗

"I should've moved it right away, had more solders" apologised Farah the second they entered the greenhouse.

"Oh Saul" whispered Naida, as she rushed to sit next to Saul, placing his head on her lap - streaking his hair that was caked with blood and sweat.

"Guys could we have the room - go on, we'll keep you informed" said Saul weakly.

Sky look at Farah desperately, his mum being to caught up with comforting Saul.

"Go on" Farah whispered to Terra and Sky, placing a comforting hand on Terra's shoulder as she left behind Sky.

As the two kids closed the door behind them Saul let out a breath, letting his wall of defences down.

"It's just us" whispered Ben, "Just us"

"The Burned One... the Burned one was loose before we got there" said Saul breathlessly, causing a few loose strand of Naida's hair to flutter up, "I saw someone... on the road"

"Someone let it loose on purpose?" asked Farah incredulously, looking at Ben and Naida - the three of them exchanging similar looks of concern.

"What are we gonna do?" asked Saul, his soft voice drawing all their eyes.

"You just rest love" said Naida, caressing Saul' cheeks, "Don't worry 'bout anything else - just getting better"