47.

Him.

Revenge. 

The harm done to someone as a punishment for the damage they have done to someone else. 

Many say one can be without it, that one can just forgive and move on. 

But sometimes you need it. 

You want the bastard to scream in pain, you need his blood to pool on the ground, you want to turn each of his bones into powder and ruin his mind with pain, agony, misery and cloud it with only one wish - for death to come to him sooner. 

I need that piece of shit to suffer for every goddamn thing he did and wanted to do to my wife, my children and my family. 

My hand reached for Frédérique Constant hand watch and I clasped it around my left wrist. I rolled the sleeves of my shirt, absorbed into my own thoughts, determined to put an end to this shit today. 

I took my phone and exited the closet, smiling as I watched my sweetness nuzzle into my side of the bed, her tiny arms around my pillow. 

My heart skipped a couple of beats as I approached Cami and gently brushed away a satiny strand of her light blonde hair off her pretty face, my lips pressing a gentle kiss on her cheek once I leaned down to her level. 

"I love you, more mio."- I whispered to my darling, doing everything for her and our bambini only.

I tucked her in tenderly and kissed her cheek one more time before leaving her a handwritten note, so she doesn't worry when she wakes up. After that was done, I went downstairs. 

"Mhm, papà."- murmured my baby, making me linger on the staircase. 

"Ciao, mia cara stella."- I said warmly, crouching down to Sofia's level, and hugged her lovingly, smiling at how sleepy she is. 

"Ciao."- murmured my baby girl, nuzzling her cute face in my neck. 

I kissed her temple and rubbed her back as she just stayed in my arms, so sweet and winsome. 

"Can we cuddle, papà?"- asked Sofi, my heart breaking when she asked for this with tears in her beautiful, big, twinkling green eyes. 

"Shh, don't cry, mia bella. Il mio mondo va in frantumi quando piangi."- I said lovingly, kissing her tears away as she hugged me tightly. (My world shatters when you cry.)

"Non voglio che tu vada da quell'uomo cattivo. Voglio coccolarmi e mangiare gelato con te."- spoke Sofi, worrying, and I kissed her temple, scooping her in my arms. (I don't want you to go to that bad man. I want to cuddle and eat gelato with you.) 

During our flight back home, Cami and I had to explain to them how the first day back in Florence will go, it is for their safety and good. It wasn't an easy process for any of us, especially once bambini professed to miss spending time with us the way we used to - the type of confession any decent parent cannot take easily.

It hit Cami and me hard. We have been feeling guilty as it was, but once our children shared their longing, how much they miss us and the way our family used to be...Cazzo. 

I held Sofi in my arms, my heart tearing apart as she clutched onto me, scared and vulnerable in ways I swore to never ever make my kids feel. 

"Shhh, sono proprio qui, mio piccolo sole."- I whispered to my daughter, heading downstairs, her little arms tightening around my neck. (Shhh, I am right here, my tiny sun.)

I entered the kitchen and approached the fridge, smiling as Sofi peeked at what I am doing. 

"Il tuo preferito, sì?"- I said warmly, getting her favourite pistachio gelato, and she smiled sweetly through tears, nodding in agreement. (Your favourite, yes?)