64.

Maximiliano's P.O.V.

"You brought sweets!"- Abel said merrily when he peeked inside the pretty, pink bag, but I closed it, keeping it out of his reach. 

"This one is for you, not that one."- I told my best friend and gave him a dark blue bag with his favourite sweets. 

"What a nice day. Should I thank Lucia for such joy?"- Abel teased with a big grin and my cheeks heated up as I glanced at her desk, which was still empty. 

She always came to school around 08:20, so there were 10 more minutes left. 

"Ciao, Maximiliano!"- Lavinia said loudly in a cheery tone and popped up right in front of me with a smile so wide that it was unnatural. 

"Ciao."- I replied tentatively, not very fond of her because of how...Obsessive she was.

"Oggi sei molto bello. È una camicia nuova?"- she chirped and reached for my hand to inspect the light blue Ralph Laurent shirt, which mamma bought for me yesterday. (You look very nice today. Is it a new shirt?) 

"Sì, è nuova."- I murmured and took my hand out of hers, uncomfortable with her being this close to me. (Yes, it is new.) 

"Non capisco questa formula matematica. Forse puoi spiegarmela? Lei è molto intelligente e conosce molto bene la matematica."- Lavinia asked and put her notepad on my desk, opening it to show me what she didn't understand. (I don't understand this math formula. Maybe you can explain it to me? You are very smart and know maths really well.) 

The door of our classroom opened and I smiled, blushing when Lucia waved at me and smiled so, so beautifully. 

"Non posso, mi dispiace. Mi scusi."- I said mildly and headed to my Lucie to meet her and say hello first. (I cannot, I am sorry. Excuse me.) 

Lavinia's P.O.V.

I shut my notebook furiously and glowered at the blondie, unable to understand what she had that I didn't. 

Why did Max bring her sweets and not me? Why did he carry her backpack, instead of mine? Why did he hold the doors open for her and never me? Why did he always look at her and not me? Why did he choose her to work with him on the history project? 

It was always Lucia for him. 

I hated Lucia. 

"Dove vive?"- I asked Abel, who was busy munching on a chocolate bar and reviewing the new vocabulary for our French class, which would start any time now. (Where does he live?)

"A Firenze."- Abel said amusedly and I glared at him, huffing before storming away. (In Florence.) 

I took a seat at my desk and opened my textbook angrily, needing to talk to mummy and daddy again today. 

I wanted Max to give me attention and there was nothing I couldn't get. 

Maximiliano's P.O.V. 

The day passed by pleasantly in the company of the girl I really, really liked. 

We sat together during French, Maths, Spanish and Science. Just like yesterday, I brought Lucie lunch and carried her backpack for her. We parted during physical education because she chose dancing as an alternative class and I opted for boxing. 

"Incredibile, ancora una volta."- the coach praised and encouraged me as I worked hard, focusing on my aim. (Amazing, again.) 

I hit the focus mitts, which he had on, a few more times, quick to dodge when he tried to attack. I  was light on my feet and alert, contented on my breathing and aim just like papà thought me.