"Rest and heal"

"Faster, Sadie faster."

You all have sick minds.

My pony tail bobs up and down whilst I run on the treadmill. I've been going at this for a few hours now. I started at 10 and it's now 1pm now. My legs feel like jelly, 15 fucking miles. But it's what I have to do, racing is my pride and joy and I can't lose. Not to that prick Charles out of all people.

"Ok ok coach, can't we just have a break now. I've been on it since 10" I pant heavily.

"No Sadie we have to be top of our game, give me one more mile in the next 10 minutes." Coach says in his French accent. He's never actually told me his first name before but I haven't asked because he doesn't seem the most talkative person in the world. He always likes me and Lewis to push ourselves, hard.

I pick up the pace a bit, trying to get that 16th mile. We've hired out the gym for the day, a very prestige gym it seems. There's very high market machines, treadmills, stair climbers, cross trainers, you name it.

It's currently a day till the first race of the year. And it's safe to say I'm shitting it. I need to be on the top of my game, which means no distractions. I've kept off of social media just like Lando suggested and I've only spoken to people like my brothers and parents. Me and Lando haven't spoken since that morning in the lounge of the hotel. I'd rather keep it that way, I don't want to be distracted right now. There's too many people to please. Toto Wolf came to see me yesterday after the team meeting. He had basically said he'd heard what had happened and that I need to get my head down and ignore everything else, which I completely agree with.

                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And ... Stop!" Coach shouts practically in my ear hole. I jump off of the treadmill and fall to the floor, spread out like a starfish. My Nike pro set is drenched with sweat, bearing in mind I do this 3/4 days a week. Drivers have to stay in shape, weight is everything, if your too big you won't fit or the car will go tremendously slow. But if your skinny the car will be much faster. Believe me, I'm 5'7 and I was 130lbs a year ago and now I'm 120.

"You can go now Sadie, good job today." He says as I collect my bag and water bottle. I breathlessly shout out "thank you" and push the door to exit, out through the reception and into the streets of Bahrain. Skyscrapers surrounded me, it was like The Shard in London but times 1000. Lots of horns of cars sound in the road, mostly cabs aswell as huge clusters of people walking towards me in both directions holding Louis Vuitton, Gucci gift bags and amongst other high end shop products. I would go shopping myself but the boss said to get home, and I quote: "rest and heal for tomorrow".

I spot my Bentley lurking on the opposite side of the road. Jack and Sean obviously don't realise I'm out yet so I decide to cross the street. I stop at the curb to glance either way to make sure no cars will take me out half way through walking to the car. But none seem to be present. I speed walk across, bearing in mind it's fairly long. Does Bahrain have wide roads like this everywhere?

I get 3/4 of the way to the end of the road, but out the corner of my left eye I spot a expensive sports car coming straight towards me, it's engine loudly surrounds the noise in the street. My eyes go wide, and I start to try to run to the end.

Unfortunately, I wasn't fast enough.

I shut my eyes.