Charlie

Arthur Leclerc's pov:

Once I read my brother's girlfriend's message again the next day trying to work out his motives. I put my phone on my bed and went to find something to eat. From my room I walked down the hallway and past the living room, soon managing to find the fridge.

I take out leftover domino's Pizza from last night and sit at the island beginning to eat. All the whilst thinking intensely.

I thought he liked Sadie? He called her "the one" not so long ago. He spoke about her even before he first spoke to her. He was whipped. So what changed?

Now I know my brother can be a little obnoxious and petty but he wouldn't file a restraining order against a whole team just because he wanted to break up with the female racing driver. Would he?

I soon am fed up by eating and thinking so I chuck both to the side and grab the joint that's comfortably resting in my jogging bottom pocket and the lighter from the other.

I slot the joint into the gap between my lips and flick the lighter in my left - soon enough - setting it alight. The end turns an orangey colour and I suck in a deep breath to take in the contents before letting it out.  

"Can you not fucking smoke in my house?"

I almost jump as I see my brother standing in the doorway of the entrance, his suitcase trailing behind him.

"It's an apartment dumbass." I reply before walking over to the balcony next to the kitchen. I pull the sliding door open as far as it would go and I step out.

"Bet it's warmer in the US, huh?" I say to him before inhaling the weed again. Shivering at the sudden temperature drop.

"You bet." He replies. My brother sounded more flat than normal in his tone of voice. Usually he's happy to see me as we're always away from each other due to each others driving careers. But it doesn't seem like he's happy today.

"You know that shits bad for you." Charles adds as he comes to lean on the balcony next to me. As soon as he's leant he combs his hair back with his hands. His vein bulging in his forehead.

"Oh shut the fuck up Charlie. You smoke with me regardless." I playfully spit back at him and nudge his shoulder. I then hold out the fiery joint and he takes it taking his own puff. His face instantly relaxes as soon as he's consumed the drug and his head tilts back looking at the stars in the dark sky as he exhales. "What's crawled up your arse and died?" I question him.

"Just tired."

"Mhm heard that one before."

"Get off my fucking back will you!" He shouts before stopping in his tracks and apologising, "Sorry... sorry I've just had a long day."

I nod at him as I take the blunt from his hand. I hold it out in front of me and watch the smoke evaporate in front of me. "You know Sadie?" He starts.

Jackpot.

"I don't think I'll being seeing anymore of her." Charles says as we walks back inside. I couldn't miss an explanation so I rub the butt onto the ashtray and follow him back inside.

"Why? Thought you really liked her Charlie?" 

"No I do like her, a lot." My brother sits down on the sofa and rests his head far back. I sit beside him like a lost puppy as I wait for him to give me a proper answer. "You know Lucia - my ex?"

What's with all the questions about his past relationships? I'm not a fangirl.

"That fucking thing." I grimace at him. He laughs at my reaction.

"Yeah that thing. I met her in a club 2 nights ago."

"Anddd...?"

"And she recorded me saying some fucked up shit about Sadie. And if I don't stay away from her she'll release it to the whole world. It'll ruin my reputation!" Charles practically shouted that last part.

I couldn't help but let out a small laugh but stopped instantly when he looked over at me. "Why the fuck are you laughing? It's not funny!"

"I always had a hunch you was too self absorbed. I didn't say anything but you must be thick as shit. Have you heard yourself recently?"

He stares at me speechless which I took as my cue to continue.

"You don't want that tape to be released because it'll hurt you. Did you even realise how it'd make Sadie feel! Not to mention she probably feels like shit because her boss has to now tell her you don't want anything to do with her!"

"Fuck you." Is all he can muster up to say to me.

"No fuck you." I fire right back at him.

And just as I suspected he's lunged for me. His left arm tries to hit me in the jaw but I duck, I manage to land a clean punch to his stomach. He hunches over the sofa in pain, "Everything I do I consider Sadie."

"What about her abusive ex - boyfriend. Do you let her open up to you about that?"

He soon stands up clutching at his stomach, out of breath. He knew he'd been caught out. He's never been great with stuff like that. So I suspected he wouldn't want to talk about it.

"I'm sorry Arthur. Your right. Every time she ever was near to telling me I got up and left or I got angry at her. That was wrong of me. She never called me out on it. She should've. And now I can't make it better." 

"You can Charlie." I tell him as I place a hand on his shoulder.

"What about the recording?"

"Fuck the recording Charles. Tell her before that ... thing can send it to the world. You'll get backlash after but your main focus should be Sadie right?"

"Right, yeah." He agrees as he too puts a hand on my shoulder. "I'm off to bed Arth. Talk tomorrow yeah?"

I nod at him and turn to walk back to my room too.

"Oh Arthur." My brother shouts from the other end of the apartment as he is just about to go into his room. "Thank you. You always were the smart one."

"Yeah. And you was the fucking dumb one." I playfully tease him. I hear him mutter a quiet "fuck you."

I laugh as I close the door and slide into my bed at 2 in the morning.

Charles' pov:

As soon as my doors closes I search up Lucia's contact on my phone. I press on the message icon and begin to type.

Me: Fuck you I'm not playing your game anymore.

Once I was happy with my message I press send and laid my phone down on my bedside table and soon enough fall asleep. At least I'll be able hopefully be forgiven for my sins.