20

I was an emotional wreck, tears streaming down my face as I struggled to compose myself.

"So, what exactly went down?" Angelica inquired, taking a seat beside me on the bed, clad in her cozy Mickey Mouse pajamas.

Sniffling and snorting, I recounted the events of the evening to Angelica, my voice choked with emotion. Tears continued to stream down my face as I hiccuped through my words, explaining how the excessive cocktails had made me tipsy, leading to my ill-fated attempt to kiss Zane in the car.

"He didn't respond the same way," I managed to say between sobs. "I could tell he was shocked. It's just one-sided, Angelica. My feelings for him are unrequited."

Angelica placed a comforting hand on my back, her voice filled with concern. "Are you sure he didn't just get caught off guard? Maybe he wasn't expecting it."

I sniffled and wiped away my tears, considering her words for a moment. "I... I don't know. It felt so awkward, and I panicked. I ran out of the car, and he didn't even try to stop me."

Angelica leaned closer, offering reassurance. "Sometimes people need time to process unexpected moments. It doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have feelings for you. Maybe you should talk to him,  and find out how he really feels."

I stared at Angelica in disbelief, my tear-streaked face contorted with frustration. "No, Angelica, I can't do that. It's too embarrassing. I already made a fool of myself once tonight. I can't bear to face the possibility of rejection from him."

She sighed, understanding the depth of my emotions. "Amari, I know it's difficult, but how will you ever know if you don't communicate with him? You two have been through so much together. If he truly is your best friend, he'll understand and appreciate your honesty."

I shook my head, tears still welling up in my eyes. "I can't risk losing him, Angelica. Our friendship means everything to me. I don't want to ruin it by confessing my feelings."

Angelica's voice softened as she pulled me into a tight hug. "Amari, I can't make this decision for you, but I believe in your strength. You deserve happiness, whether it's with Zane or someone else. Take some time to think about it, but remember that you're deserving of love and a chance at happiness."

Her words resonated deep within me, and I sniffled, feeling a glimmer of hope flicker in my heart. Maybe, just maybe, it was time to confront my feelings and take the risk.

Or maybe not.

Ugh, my indecisiveness and overthinking is going to ruin it all.

Through my lingering tears, a small smile tugged at the corners of my lips as Angelica and I shared a moment of playful banter. It was a relief to momentarily shift the focus away from my own tangled emotions.

"You didn't tell me you were planning your marriage," I teased, feigning a hint of playful anger. "I had to hear it from Zane."

Angelica let out a soft chuckle, her eyes twinkling with amusement. "Oh please, it was just a moment of weakness for me. I'm not planning on getting married anytime soon. Just like you, I was also drunk while making that confession."

A giggle escaped my lips, mixing with the remnants of my tears. It felt good to laugh, to release some of the tension that had built up within me. "Alex loves you though," I remarked, my voice filled with genuine happiness for her.