8.

**Cover made by : Helloitsme1984_xxx

"So let me make sure I understand this correctly. You had a conversation with this attractive man, he called you beautiful, but you didn't ask for his name?" Angelica repeated, exasperated. She placed her breakfast tray on the nearby table and turned to face me.

"Yes, that's exactly what I've been telling you for the past ten minutes!" I let out a heavy sigh as I closed the door to my walk-in closet. The room itself was rather empty, with only a few clothes and shoes remaining from my last visit.

I couldn't deny that I missed this room. It was exquisitely adorned with rich purple tapestries on every surface, a flawlessly polished marble floor, and an abundance of gold leaf accents. The furniture was carefully selected from various parts of the world. My father always wanted me to have the best.

"But... how could you forget to ask for his name? How will he find you now? Did he even recognize you?" Angelica continued to question, her expression filled with disappointment.

"It was a masquerade ball, Angelica. I didn't even recognize him. Besides, Ivan and Alex had no idea who I was either," I replied wearily.

"Those two don't count. They're just... well, they're dumb," Angelica remarked, her gaze dreamy as she thought of Alex. "Handsomely dumb, though." She giggled, lost in her own world.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes before sitting down beside her. Angelica would be staying with me for a few days before moving into her parents' condo in SoHo. Currently, the condo was undergoing major renovations, so she had to wait a little longer before she could move in. During her stay at my parents' house, Angelica provided me with all kinds of advice-relationship advice, fashion advice, and advice for every possible situation in the future. Or so she claimed.

"I don't think a handsome stranger would be interested in me," I mused, absentmindedly playing with the fluffy blanket on my bed that I had cherished since I was fourteen. "He seemed completely captivated by a girl with blue eyes like mine."

"Oh, really? Did he actually tell you that?" Angelica asked, her disappointment evident in her voice. "Damn it, and here I was hoping he could become your boyfriend, and we could go on double dates."

I chuckled and playfully tossed a pillow at her. "I will find a boyfriend, and you'll have your double dates. Just not right now."

"Then when? Let's not pretend we're not getting older. Before you know it, I'll be popping out little Alexes while you're still single and a virgin."

"There's nothing wrong with being single and a virgin."

"Sure, keep telling yourself that." She rolled her eyes before gathering her hair into a ponytail. "You have no idea what you're missing, missy. By the way, did you happen to see Zane yesterday?"

"No, thank goodness. Have you seen him?" I asked curiously.

Angelica shook her head. "Not at all. But then again, he never shows up at the parties he organizes for the club. Although I thought he might make an exception for this one."

I snorted in response. "My brother saw him in the elevator. I think he dropped by for a minute or so to check on things. And by the way, Angel, I'm not that special to him anymore. When will you finally understand that?" "Come on, Amari. We all know how much he cares about you. He never stopped caring," Angelica insisted, her voice filled with conviction.