14.

Hey Amari, can we talk?

Seen 7:00 AM

I know you saw my message and missed calls. Please call me back?

Seen 7:10 AM

I will explain everything to you. I promise.

Seen 7:30 AM

Amari?

Seen 8:00 AM

"Earth to Amari!"

Angelica threw a pillow at me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I felt my phone buzz in my hand, but I didn't bother to look at it since I already knew who it was.

I rolled my eyes at Angelica before throwing the pillow back at her. "What?"

"Is something bothering you?" She asked, looking at me worried. "You were awfully quiet during the apartment tour."

Two days ago we arrived from Italy. Zane had tried to apologize numerous times, but I had managed to cut him off right in time or simply walk away from where he was standing. His apology was either so bad I wanted to vomit or I just wasn't in the mood to listen.

"I'm alright," I mumbled quietly as I fidget with the hem of my summer dress.

"No, you're not. You're not even impressed by my apartment."

Yesterday Angelica moved out of my parent's mansion. Her apartment in SoHo was finally furnished and ready to be used.

"Your apartment is beautiful. I love it."

She chuckled and shook her head at me before standing up from her place on the couch. "Come on, what happened between you and Zane again? I thought you guys were finally getting along."

"Well, apparently that's never going to happen."

"What? Why?"

"Because he is still talking to Savannah." I groaned out annoyed.

"What?!" Angelica yelled out, appalled. I could see the fire blazing in her eyes. "He is not!"

"Yes, he is!" I cried out loud, covering my face with my hands. I look up at her again. "Can you believe it? I almost trusted him again."

"He is such a dumbass."

"Tell me about it." I sighed tiredly. My phone beeped again and I let out a strangled groan before swiping my finger across the screen. Isn't he tired already?

Unknown number.

I frowned before opening the message.

Hey sugarplum,

I'm sorry. I really am. I know my sorry doesn't mean anything to you right now and that you are f*cking pissed at me.

You have all the right to be.

But I'm telling you, in all honesty, Savannah and I are merely friends. We have put our past behind us and rekindle our friendship a year ago.