21. the feeling of 'home' = the feeling of disgust (?)

DECEMBER 8

  Having taken the driver's seat at their last (and only) rotation, Minho ended up being the last to be dropped off at his house, leaving him with just Seungmin and Jeongin in the car for a few moments as he pulled out of Chan's driveway and headed for his own house, two neighborhoods away.

   Seungmin got out with Minho once he stopped in front of his house, to take the driver's seat. There it was, his home sweet home that he'd been missing, unchanged, and still undecorated for the holidays. He was always the one that got around to doing it— stringing up lights and all that— but he didn't think he'd feel up to doing it this year. Maybe he would after he got some hard-earned sleep.

     "Well, I'd say Merry Christmas, but I think we'll definitely be hanging out again before then. So. See ya."

     Minho nodded. "Bye." He watched Jeongin roll down the window to smile and lean out of it as he waved. "Bye, Jeongin!" He shouted, concluding their second-ever conversation.

    Then, he watched them drive down a couple houses as he dragged his suitcase along behind him. He even caught a glimpse of Seungmin gleefully leading Jeongin to the front door by the hand.

    And then he had the task of coming face-to-face with his family again. He stepped inside, avoiding the creaky wood by the door as he hoisted his suitcase off the porch and into the house. After removing his outerwear, he saw his youngest sister and his father waiting in the kitchen.

    "Hey, dweeb," His sister began. She was joking, he knew. If she were actually trying to insult him, she would have picked more eloquent words. "Nice to see you." (pfft, since when?) "Congrats on the A's." His parents must've told her about his exam grades... Which was weird, because they never seemed interested enough in his school affairs when he was in high school.

    "Welcome home," Minho's father greeted. The man's feet stepped toward with  a series of three, similar-sounding thuds, like bombs landing on the old wood floor, danger signals telling his already-petrified body it was time to move. And his father's large hands were leaving his denim pockets.

   Minho could literally feel his neck hair stand up on end as he watched his father's arms begin to open and rise in his direction.

    His mouth went dry.

『 ↳✧・゚

『 ↳✧・゚

no, no, no, please don't.

please don't touch me—

no!

iwhy are you doing this to meyou've only hugged me once before.. why now?!