10. massages and x-ray vision

OCTOBER 4

    After a few weeks of college life, many of the freshmen in the group found themselves sorer than ever before.

   As the night got late in 2Chan's room, most of the boys were sinking into one of the three beds. Minho preferred to stay off of them, because (clearly unlike the others) he felt a bit protective over his bed, and didn't want anyone else sitting or laying on it, so it felt weird to sit on someone else's. Instead, he sat across from the extra bed, on a cushion that fell off of Changbin's bunk.

    Hyunjin laid over the extra bed in the corner, complaining about how it was so much better than his.

   "These sucky mattresses are killing my back," Hyunjin groaned. "I think I got a knot in my neck, too." 

   Jisung, who was sitting on the same bed, scooted over to be closer to Hyunjin. "Where does it hurt?" Hyunjin happily obliged his upcoming offer for a massage and told him where to plant his hands.

   Minho's eyes were trained on the two of them as Jisung's hands firmly rubbed Hyunjin's back, then as his thumbs pressed into Hyunjin's shoulders and neck.

    Truthfully, Minho's back hurt plenty too—as did Seungmin's and Jeongin's (the other four either had better mattresses or strict stretching routines on their sides, which either eased or completely cut out the sore muscles)— but he, at least, could never admit to Jisung that he might actually benefit from a massage. No matter how much he kind-of-sort-of wanted one. All he could do was wonder what it felt like; he'd never had one before.

   But something about the thought of having hands on him, pressing into his body, made his stomach churn. The thought of it felt incredibly weird— wrong, in a way. He decided that he didn't want it at all. He hoped that Jisung would stop touching Hyunjin soon, so that he could stop thinking about it. All he wanted was to put the thought out of his mind and move on, but it wasn't working when watching it happen only made his own soreness and stiffness more apparent.

    "Y'know, Hyun, you could use that bed sometime if you want," Chan offered, as he laid, sprawled out, relaxing (for the first time in weeks) on his bunk. "I haven't really been sore at all this whole time."

    "Are you for real?!? Yes, oh my— OW, JISUNG!" Hyunjin tensed up as Jisung pressed his fingers into a knot in his neck.

    "Relax, lemme get this real quick," Jisung chided, gently pushing Hyunjin's shoulders back down.  Minho been staring for quite some time when he realized that Jisung was looking at him. Feeling a sense of being caught, he immediately averted his eyes guiltily. Slightly panicked, he focused his eyes on his hands that laid limply over his lap, feeling his breathing speed up a little. Did Jisung just— Did he hear those thoughts?

    No— that was stupid. Of course he didn't. No matter how loud they had sounded in Minho's head there was no way that happened.

 No matter how loud they had sounded in Minho's head there was no way that happened