一、𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥

You, an eight-year-old elementary school student, were packing your school bag inside an empty classroom...

You sighed, locking your school bag with a click, and turned your head to look outside through the window beside you. It's snowing outside, and your classmates are having fun while throwing some snowballs at each other, which made your heart sting as you looked at them with sadness in your eyes.

"I want to play with them too..." you said, dropping your head and gently exhaling a white fog.

"(Y/N)." a sudden voice called you, causing you to widen your eyes in surprise as you raised your head to look at them.

You turned to face the taller boy with short black hair and smiled warmly, causing the older boy's heart to flutter as you hugged him greetingly.

"Aki-senpai, what's wrong?" You asked while letting go of the hug.

"Well..." the blushing boy averted your eye contact and continued, "Just wanna congratulate you for ranking in the first place in the exam again."

"Oh..." you murmured and gave him a small smile "Thanks Aki-senpai, you're the first person to congratulate me."

"No need to thank me, I know you put a lot of work inside... so you deserved it." he said, gently placing his hand on the top of your head and patting it.

You closed your eyes in happiness and hummed, enjoying the affection the black-haired boy was giving you. His lips couldn't help but to rise when he saw an innocent smile form on your lips, knowing that you don't often do that to people other than him.

Something on your face caught his eye, so he raised his spare hand to touch it, only for you to flinch at the contact.

"What... is that? Are you alright?" he asked in a concerned tone while pointing at the bandage.

"Did someone hurt her...? I swear if I find th-"

"Oh this? Just a little scratch." You cut his thoughts off while letting a soft laugh "I wasn't looking on my way to school, and it ended up being a tree branch that scratched my face."

"Are you sure? Do you want me to bring you down to the infirmary? It might be infected..."

"I'm feeling fine, no big deal." you answered.

Aki nodded hesitatingly and reached into his pocket, taking something out of it. You eyed it curiously as he opened his palms, revealing a golden necklace that had a heart hanging on it.

"This is for you... as a present for being the first place again and also for a Christmas present." he said, causing you to widen your eyes.

"Don't get the wrong idea," he whispered, but his flustered face said the other thing "I just found this necklace in a store..."