十、𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧

Makima led you and Denji through the city, guiding you at the front...

"Hey, (Y/N)... Is there a type of guy you like?" Denji whispered, making sure the devil hunter in front of you wouldn't overhear.

"Ehhh?" You whispered back in surprise. "Why are you suddenly asking me that?"

"Just curious, you know."

"Hmm..." You pondered for a moment, placing your fingers on your chin. "Maybe someone caring like Denji?"

"Damn, I was hoping you would have better taste in men."

"Someone caring like Denji?" He repeated, his mind processing your words.

"Dude, thats me."

Unbeknownst to you, Denji couldn't take his eyes off your face as you focused on the road ahead. He found himself captivated by your dazzling eyes, unable to look away. Your pink, plump lips seemed irresistibly kissable, causing his heart to race uncontrollably.

"I love you too, (Y/N)." He thought, his face turning bright red. His pupils transformed into heart shapes, revealing his lovesick expression.

What Denji didn't know was that you softly mumbled the rest of your sentence after finishing it, your fingers playing with your heart-shaped necklace to ensure that no one else could hear you.

"Also someone as kind as Aki-senpai..."

"This is the Tokyo headquarters for our Devil Hunters." Makima introduced, pointing towards a large building in front of you.

"There are over a thousand Devil Hunters in Tokyo, including civilians, but Public Safety has the best benefits and a lot of paid vacation time." She explained as the three of you entered the building and stepped into the elevator.

"Wow, this place is huge." You awed in amazement, causing Makima to chuckle.

"Yeah, with bunch of devil hunters gonna try to kill us anytime too. Just great!"  Sukuna sarcastically remarked in your mind.