六、𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

"Ne Denji, where're you going?"

You asked while rubbing your eyes, being only half awake. You just woke up on the mattress, only to find out Denji and Pochita weren't beside you but were preparing to head out. The blonde boy turned around, the devil barking softly to you as if he were saying good morning.

"Mornin' (Y/N)!" He grinned brightly with his sharp teeth, leaning against the doorframe. "I'm gonna head to the woods to cut down some trees, you can just stay here!"

"I can come with you." You said as you left the mattress and grabbed your golden trident that's on the table, carrying it behind your back, "I don't really want to stay here alone, and I also wanted to help... I do have to repay you for letting me stay here, right?"

Rubbing the back of his neck, Denji let out a few soft chuckles "You don't really have to do that, I'm already glad that someone is willing to stay with me! I don't wanna trouble you with the debts I had to pay back..."

"You'll never trouble me, Denji." You smiled gently, causing the blonde's heart to skip a beat after seeing your warm smile. "Besides, I'm doing it of my own free will, so you don't have to worry that much, ok?"

"Alright..." He nodded. Since you're slightly taller than him, you walked towards him, ruffled his hair, and then patted Pochita's fur.

Leaving the house, the poor blonde still stood in the same position stiffly, eyes widening as he raised his hand to touch his hair. His face instantly burned in a bright shade of red with smoke appearing on top of his head, and the devil in his arms smiled with his eyes closed after seeing his reaction.

"Denji!! Are you coming?" Your shouts can be heard from outside, which quickly snapped Denji back to his track and hurried his steps beside you.

"I'm coming!" He shouted back with a smile on his face that seemed to shine brightly like the sun, having a feeling in his chest that he could accomplish anything with you by his side.

"Denji...?" You stared at him with your mouth hanging wide open, looking at him holding Pochita's handle and pulling his tail. The tiny chainsaw in the devil's head started moving loudly.

"Yeah?" He answered while holding Pochita like a chainsaw.

"Are you going to use Pochita as a chainsaw to cut those trees?" Even though you saw what Denji was about to do, you still decided to ask him, just to make sure you weren't hallucinating.

You can even hear Sukuna's mocking laughs. "I didn't even imagine one day the Chainsaw Man would be used as a chainsaw to cut trees!"