五、𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞

Denji seems to be pretty dense...

Not in a negative way, more in a slightly cute way. After what you said to him about the blood on your hoodie, he didn't seem to get the idea (that you killed someone, not technically you tho) and just thought you some how got some people's blood on it. Surprisingly, it was Pochita who looks like it gets your hidden meaning and grew a bit cautious around you.

While chatting with Denji, you asked him about his age. He told you he's around seven, which means he's younger than you by about a year or less. After listening to his current situation, you told him that you're an orphan just like him and have no place to stay, leaving out the information about yourself and Sukuna's murders.

Denji seems so eager to suggest that you live with him, since he wanted to repay your kindness by giving him food, saving him and his devil from starvation. You accepted his proposal and thanked him with a bright smile on your face, causing the poor boy to blush again. He did remind you that the place he's living isn't really comfortable and likable, but as long as you have a place to stay, you don't really mind.

After several minutes of walking, you finally arrived in the middle of the woods and saw a tiny wooden house. The blond walked in front of you with the devil beside him, opening the door for you, revealing the stuff inside. There are ropes, many wooden boxes, a ladder, a few car wheels, and more, which made you wonder if it's also used as a storage room.

As you're about to step inside, a voice interrupted you.

"Oi (Y/N)! Before you go inside, I have something to tell you." Sukuna's voice appeared inside your mind.

"Yes?" you thought.

"That piss-haired brat seemed to have a contract with that devil. That devil... is called the Chainsaw Devil, also known as the Chainsaw Man. He's been powerful in the past and had the unique ability of erasing devils and their names by consuming them. Devils killed by him couldn't reincarnate anymore, while the fear they represent was erased from existence, making Chainsaw Man a threat to devilkind and earning him the moniker of "The Devil that Devils fear the most" and "The Hero of Hell". Of course, he was nothing compared to me, "The King of Devils". Looking at his weakened state makes me want to laugh. He's in his dog form and even barks and whines like an actual dog." He chuckled as you just sighed and walked inside.

Glancing at Pochita before looking at Denji, the younger boy seemed pretty nervous of your reaction since he knows that this place isn't the best place to live in, probably even worse. The tiny devil barked softly at you and appeared to be welcoming you while wagging its short tail.

"You can put the stuff on the table!" He pointed at a large wooden box used as a table and at the old sheetless mattress after saying, "I just got one bed, so you and Pochita can sleep here!"