八、𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧

"Ne Sukuna, do you know where Denji is?"

You asked, lying on the mattress while playing the heart-shaped necklace with your fingers. A mouth is slowly formed on your other hand, and Sukuna's voice rings from it. "Why do you care so much anyway?" He replied, his tone secretly filled with venom toward the blonde boy, but you didn't notice.

"He promised he'd be home as soon as he can, he was never late. I'm worried, Sukuna."

Sukuna groaned. Of course he knows what happened to that piss-haired brat and his pet devil. They've definitely been set in a trap by the yakuza guy and were attacked. After all... he's known that he's the Zombie devil since the beginning. He just never bothered to tell you because of his own reasons.

You had become softer ever since you met Denji and Pochita, completely different from your emotionless self when he met you. You've become weaker because you barely used any of his powers, even though you had a contract with him for that, to become stronger, so you won't be weak anymore.

He's sick of it. He's sick of you being treated like trash when your position is a lot higher than the others. You should be treated like a queen, and people should be scared of you because of the power you hold, but not order you around like you're worth nothing. Yet, he's still struggling to make a decision because he's worried (despite not admitting it) that you'll hate him if you find out about the piss-haired brat and his pet devil's deaths because he didn't tell you anything, even knowing they had been attacked.

After a few battles between the two sides in his mind, Sukuna finally let out an annoyed sigh "You know where the abandoned factory is, right?"

"Yes, are they there?"

"They're inside, and I suggest you be there as fast as possible. Who knows what happened to them?" He let out a dark chuckle.

He isn't doing this for them, and he never gives a shit.

He's just hoping this will be a trigger that causes you to snap again and awaken the darkness locked inside you.

Something he had been dreaming to see again for a long time.