九、𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

You're asleep between Denji and the devil hunter woman in a car...

Denji's cheeks flushed, his eyes filled with adoration as he gazed at you, peacefully asleep on his shoulder. Every little detail about you sent his heart pounding wildly. It wasn't just your cute sleeping face that captivated him, but also the way your hand lightly brushed against his, igniting a surge of warmth within him.

Of course, Makima who had been observing for some time through the reflection of the window, had noticed how Denji's acting around you. Her lips tilted upwards in response, forming a light smirk, knowing that she could use you to control him.

Denji's stomach let out a sudden growl, which caused her to turn her head. Her eyes lingered on your figure a little longer than necessary before finally landing on him. Denji panicked slightly at the sight of your figure moving from to the noise, but sighed in relief as you returned to your peaceful slumber.

"That was my stomach." Denji admitted in embarassment, pressing his hand against his empty stomach.

"What's your name?" The pink haired women asked.

"Oh... It's Denji." He replied, turning his gaze to you with a soft smile. He took your hand and squeezed it warmly. "She's (Y/N). We've known each other for some time now."

"I need to tell you something right now." She said, causing Denji to blink curiously. "From now on, both of you are in my care, Denji. For you, I expect 'yes' or 'woof' for answers. I don't need a dog that says 'no'."

"Huh? When you say that..." His eyes widened in shock, and sweat started falling from his temple.

"Someone in forensics once told me that when we get dogs that aren't helpful, we put them down." She said, staring into his eyes with a smirk on her lips. "You don't want (Y/N) to be involved in something like this too, right?"

"I thought she was nice." Denji thought to himself, his spare hand clutching his pants"I had no idea she was scary like this. Treating me like a damn dog... What a bitch."

Suddenly, he had a flashback of Pochita, who was carried by your arms and barking happily. Denji sighed, "I just remembered that Pochita's dead."

Denji clenched the cord coming out of his chest with his spare hand, and his stomach growled again. He squeezed your hand tighter as the car stopped at a toll gate, the sudden warmth waking you up.

You softly blinked your eyes open, surprising Denji, who was beside you but didn't remove his hand from yours. "Ah, Denji..." you murmured, removing your head from his shoulder, which caused him to pout. "How long was I out?"

"Less than an hour or so, don't worry." Denji replied with a soft grin.

"You're finally awake." The pink-haired woman beside you said, resting her chin on her hand with a light smile on her lips.