七、𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

"(Y/N), you need to wake up."

You stared at Sukuna, who's sitting comfortably on his throne, his chin on his hand as he gazed down on you, who's lying on the pile of bones beside him. You slowly crawled closer to the King of Devils and hugged his leg, causing him to widen his blood-red eyes in surprise.

"Can I sit on your precious throne one last time before I go, please?" You purposely blink your eye multiple times, which made Sukuna groan in response but not reject it. He picked you up easily by grabbing the back of your collar and throwing you into the space beside him.

You let out several giggles without feeling offended, you've known him for at least nine years, after all. Even though he behaves like he's annoyed with you, deep down you know that he cares greatly about you.

You can feel his gaze lingering on the eye patch you're wearing to cover your missing left eye, which caused you to let out a few awkward chuckles. Sukuna lifted your chin up and leaned closer, getting a better look at the eye patch. He took his spare hand out, touching the fabric with his fingers gently, causing you to flinch in surprise, but let him do it anyway.

You noticed how his face twisted into a weird expression, and the odd glint flashed inside his eyes. Sukuna let out a dark scowl. "Why do you have to do so much for that piss haired brat?" He grumbled displeasingly, "Just kill that yakuza guy and the problem will be solved. Those aren't your depts anyway, why do you have to help him!?"

"I need to repay him for letting me stay at that place, right? It's like paying back rent." You replied with a soft tone, knowing he was worried about you. "Denji would find out our secret if we killed the dept collector, because we're always beside each other. His depts might still be there even if that man dies..."

Letting out a sigh, Sukuna ruffled your hair with a smirk and pushed you down from his throne playfully, which you then disappeared with a 'poof'.

Fluttering your eyes open, you found your head lying against Denji's chest, who's sleeping soundly while hugging you tightly to his frame. Pochita, on the other hand, is lying on top of both of your bodies.

"Urghhh, someone get that brat's dirty hands off her!"

You poked Denji's cheek, which caused him to open his chocolate-brown eyes. He closed his eyes again and nuzzled his face against the croak of your neck, mumbling a soft 'Mornin' before really waking up.

You could hear Sukuna's screams inside your head as both of you sat up on the mattress, and you caught his stare on your covered left eye. His expression showed both guilt and sadness.