The story of the Third Curse

Vrushali, who had tears in her eyes listening to the stories of injustice with her Arya, was trying her best to keep her emotions in check.

She wanted to scream and shout of how this was not fair, she wanted to scold her arya for hiding his pain from her, but more importantly she wanted to hug him, and share all his worries and sorrows, which for god knows how long her Arya is keeping inside him, so that she is not worried or stressed.

While thinking about the curses, she unknowingly fisted her hands, which were noticed by Bhanumati, who like her too was thinking about the injustice done to her Sakha.

Knowing the turmoil and heartache which the woman she considers as an elder sister is going through, she gently kept a hand on Vrushali's shoulder so as to provide her comfort and assurance of her being there for her.

Vrushali on feeling the touch turned towards Bhanumati, who was already looking at her with concern filled eyes. Seeing which Vrushali tried to smile, but all it turned out was a feeble attempt at it.

Mahindragiri

Near the foot of Mahindragiri, in a barren field sat a man. With his eyes closed and his relaxed posture, he could very well be mistaken for a normal sage who is doing his tapasya. But this false idea is quickly shattered as one feels the aura he radiates. The aura which communicates his authority and fierceness, also makes one realize that they are standing in the presence of Bhagwan Parshuram himself.

Sitting in the middle of the land where he fought Bheeshma, he was now preparing himself to battle another of his student. Where he fought Bheeshma because of the sin he committed by abducting Amba, the battle he had to fight now was to get his student rid of the injustices done to him.

Thinking about the injustices towards his student, he clenched his fists. But before he could ponder anymore, he heard the rustling of leaves, which alerted him to his approaching students.

He stood up, and turned to face the warrior he had trained. And without displaying any of his emotions spoke, "At least you didn't disappoint me by running away. Let's start our battle."

Saying which he turned towards a direction where two chariots could be seen with charioteers holding their reigns.

Listening to his guru's statement, Karna felt like someone stabbed him right in his heart. But suppressing his emotions, he too turned in the direction where the two chariots stood facing each other. And with a final glance both of them moved towards the chariots.

Back in Hastinapur

Tears were falling down from a pair of eyes which were hidden by an ornate silk cloth. The woman whose pledge never allowed her to see anything, even the faces of her children, the woman who embraced her fear of darkness, was feeling a pang of sorrow in her heart for the man she had came to consider as one of her own sons.

She knew how tough Karna's journey was. His struggles to become a warrior was not something she was unaware about. Duryodhan had many a times spoken to her about how proud of Karna he was, how he admired him for what he had achieved irrespective of the challenges which were thrown at him. And seeing the admiration her eldest held for karna, along with knowing how kind and generous the King of Anga was, she felt happy and hopeful.

Happy that such a man, who was an incredible warrior, but more importantly the purest soul she had ever met, was her eldest's best friend. And hopeful, that he would guide her son, and would stand by him in thick and thin.

But coming to know about how much pain has buried behind that kind and gentle smile, she could do nothing but weep for the unfortunate man.

But suddenly the weather of Aaryavrat took a drastic turn. Where just a few minutes ago the sun was shining brightly in the sky providing its warmth to the world, now it was replaced with the dark clouds, making the environment dark and scary.