She

Just to let you guys know this chapter is kinda sad so do read on your own accord.

Evelyn turns around quickly seeing a back to normal Polly
"Oh nothing Mrs. Gray your nephews just wanted to know where you were." Polly nods walking up the stairs
"Come get me at dinner." Everyone collectively nod
"Do you have a phone?" Evelyn asks Thomas nods bringing her back into the room they had the meeting in pointing towards the phone she nods in thanks walking over to it. She calls a particular someone
"Yeah, yeah hello." The man on the other line answers
"Hey Alfie how have you been?" Evelyn asks
"Oh rather we'll Eve business booming as usual, how 'ave you been?"
"Oh I've been fine I actually have a favor to ask of you...."

After the call is finished Evelyn walks out seeing a bit sitting in a booth at a table.
"You must be Finn." Finn looking towards the girl a little nervous
"Hey, hey it's fine I'm friendly I know your brothers." Finn nods as Evelyn sits at the table also
"Yeah your Evelyn everyone's talking about." She nods looking at the young chap
"Where have you been Finn." He looks at her excited to talk about his day
"I went and played ball with the boys then me and Isiah went to Charlie's yard we looked at the horses and things." Evelyn nods smiling at the boy remembering when she was young she felt eyes on her so she turned her head.

She saw a happy Polly sitting on the staircase watching your interaction smiling softly. "I think I need to go talk to your aunt how about you go and play some more before dinner." Finn gets up enthusiastically running back outside Evelyn walks up the staircase sitting next to Polly their legs brushing against each other.
"Maybe I was wrong about you, maybe you are here to help my family." Evelyn let's out a breath
"Finally you see it, so are you gonna stop being grumpy and be more happy around me." Evelyn says nudging her, Polly smiling
"I'll see you later dear I have to go speak with Tommy." Evelyn's face heats up as Polly called her dear, dear it having a nice ring in her head her heart skipping a beat her face flushing. Calm your horses Eve you don't even really know her, and you don't do relationship's. Evelyn shakes her head deciding to go for a walk she walks so long that the sun's down and it's starting to get dark she walks by unfamiliar buildings most lights turned off on the inside except for one.

She sees a distressed woman leaving the building crying the woman walks out to the middle of the road sobbing.
"Ma'am, ma'am are you ok." As Evelyn gets closer she notices something
She knows this woman, this woman is the one who's been mean to her for the past two days the stoic Polly Gray.
"Polly what are you doing out here?" Evelyn steps closer to her seeing her knees about to buckle she runs in catching her before she could hit the ground Polly screaming into her arms.
"Why! My only daughter why did this happen to her!" Polly screamed in agony Evelyn couldn't do anything not knowing what happened so she helped Polly up and helped walk her to her house asking for the directions.

As they walk to the steps Evelyn opens the door bringing Polly up the stairs taking her to her bedroom.
Polly was still sobbing into Evelyn's shoulder, her shoulder soaked by now but Evelyn didn't care she just wanted to help Polly. She got a cloth wiping her makeup off and helped take her coat off letting Polly go change herself after her sobs turned into small cries with Evelyn standing outside the door. When Polly came back laying in bed Evelyn was about to go.
"N-no please.....don't go." Polly rasps needing someone there with her Evelyn sighs but obliges getting under the covers with Polly taking her jacket and shoes off pulling Polly into her arms stroking her back soothingly. Polly's cries turn into sniffles and then she finally falls asleep Evenly stroking her hair as she starts to doze off herself.

She's awoken by a twisting and turning Polly the sun leaking out of the curtains Polly just can't get comfortable. Evelyn starts to softly hum a melody trying to calm her down it working as she starts to stop stirring. Evelyn lays there waiting for Polly to start waking up. About 10 minutes later Polly's eyes start to flutter open Polly groaning and looking at Evelyn wide eyed.
"What are you doing in my bed." She asks rushed
"I saw you outside last night you were in distress I helped you here I was about to leave you asked me not to." Evelyn recounts Polly listening intently until she rolls over on top of Evelyn looking down at her
"You tell anyone, and I mean anyone about what happened I will do my worst." She says coldly her walls building up again just when Evelyn was helping her.
"You should leave everyone will be worried sick about you." Evelyn sits up putting her arm on Polly's shoulder