Part 12

Warnings - dark magic, mentions of killing, injury, panic attack, pining, talk of death eaters, double cross, abusive parents, blaming self

Regulus and I had gotten in trouble every night for staying up too long talking. He was just everything to me at the moment. I didn't know how I'd survive without him. I wasn't talking to the Marauders at all, and for the first time in my life, that didn't bother me. I was having more fun with Arita, Andromeda, Ted, and of course, Reg.

"Hey," Regulus came up to me, a smile on his face. He was smiling more these days and I liked it.

"Hi," I smiled.

"I have a favor to ask," he said sheepishly.

"Yeah?" I asked. Didn't he know I'd do anything for him. He didn't even need to ask, just tell me, and it'd be done.

"So my crazy captain wants us to train at night to hone our skills, can you do rounds alone?" He asked.

"Of course, I'll be fine, you'll rock it Reg," I smiled at him. I felt this odd urge to kiss him. Especially here in the Great Hall. I'd like to show everyone just how sexy Regulus Black truly was. I resisted the feeling. He was my friend, just my friend, and he'd never like me anyway.

I was eager to do anything he wanted, so I took on my job with happiness.

I walked through the halls, that night, making sure everyone was in bed.

"Hello little Pettigrew," came a drawl of a voice. Out of the shadows stepped Lucius Malfoy, Bellatrix Black, and Severus Snape.

"Y-you need to be in bed," I said, trying not to be scared, but it was obvious they'd sought me out.

"Listen, we don't really like how much inter house mingling you've promoted," Lucius smirked. "Ravenclaws and Slytherins aren't supposed to be together. We're solitary creatures who rise to the top, unaided, and unchallenged."

"If this is about Regulus, I didn't convince him or anything, we just get along well," I said.

"Hahahahahaha," a wild laugh from Bellatrix. She'd always come off a bit mad to me. When we'd taken potions she'd brought her own live frog to murder, instead of taking one of the dead ones Professor Slughorn had provided.

"Don't be an idiot, he doesn't want to hang out with you, he's a Black, so you understand how high the status of our blood is?" She asked.

"You need to go to bed," I said. "This isn't a conversation."

"We're worried you're distracting him from what's really important," Lucius said.

"What does that mean, explain what you're talking about," I demanded.

"No thanks," Snape said slowly. A stinging hex hit me. I hadn't been ready, and I pushed through the pain so I could deflect the next spell. Bellatrix was laughing maniacally, and one spell got through. I was lifted into the air by my ankle. I hung upside down, the blood rushing to my head. I was thrown against the wall. I fell to the ground.

I threw out a spell that had Lucius's nose bleeding. He called me a bitch before a punching spell beat on my brow bone. I felt faint. I was trying my best to fight back, but it was three of the most powerful Slytherin Students against one me.

"Sectum Sempra!" I heard a foreign spell from Snape. My body was cut open in multiple places. My vision faded as the three stood over me with smiles. All I knew was pain.

"Ah, she's finally awake!" I heard the trill of Madam Pomfrey, but the first person I saw was Regulus. He was even paler than normal, he looked sick, and his low cut shirt showed off a wildly beating heart.