Chapter 4

The weekend had passed by quickly, as it always does, and you woke up bright and early for your second day of school.

Well, at least you thought you did.

7:00! Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

You slept through your alarm on your second day of school. And school starts in an hour.

Why does this shit always happen to me?

You managed to make yourself look decent, took your meds, and ran to your car without eating any breakfast. You didn't have the time.

"Uhh, no, don't do this to me now!!!" You growled as your parent's car that was given to you wasn't starting. Given the condition, it was freezing outside, and the vehicle was not made for this weather.

"Come on. Come on," you commanded, getting more frustrated the more you tried. You gave up and ran inside. Luckily your grandparents were up, and you told them the situation. Without question, your grandfather threw you the keys.

"Thank you!" You said in remorse.

"You better not scratch up, Bertha!!" He yelled as you shut the door behind you.

You went into their outdated car from the 60s. It was a 1968 red Dodge Charger that your dad always fussed over when he told his childhood stories. However, the old bertha still held on.

8:00 am, your watch read.

At least I made it on time.

You managed to get to school.

8:10 am. The first bell rings in 5 minutes.

You attempted to carry the hammy-down textbooks that the front desk lady gave you that morning to your locker. There was no other choice other than getting old and used books for your classes. The pile of books she gave you was an absurd amount and not worth the back pain, so you carried them in your arms. The fact that you weren't the sturdiest person alive already was a red flag. But you went anyway.

Tired students flooded the hall and you dodging every person that came your way so you wouldn't bump into them was much harder than you thought. It would be embarrassing if you fell, so you patiently and carefully try not to make a scene for yourself. Yet, you brutally failed.

"Hey! Watch it!" a girl yelled. She had the frizziest hair you had ever seen.

"Sorry," you said as you looked at her obnoxious hair.

She's compensating for something.

Yet, the one time you got distracted, it bit you in the ass.

You rammed into someone who came out of a room all of a sudden. The one time you let your guard down and was not paying attention, you rammed into somebody. The amount of force hitting this person suddenly made the books fall out of your arms.

Luckily it wasn't a wall, or the books wouldn't be the only ones kissing the pavement.

Great! Just great. My life couldn't get any more complicated.

"I am so sorry!" you pleaded as you immediately went down to salvage the torn-up old fossils that decorated the floor below you. You were so focused on the textbook's condition that you didn't even know who you ran into.

"Hey, Hey, hey, It's okay!" A sweet and tender voice came over you. A hand with chunky silver rings started to grab the loose pieces of paper from the ground in front of you.

"Here." The voice said, handing you the papers.

You looked up to see a boy with dark curly hair giving you the warmest smile you had ever seen.

You paused for a moment.

He looks like my Eddie Van Halen poster.

"Thanks," you manage to speak out, looking directly into his eyes.

You both managed to pick up all the books and papers off of the ground.

"Be careful next time." He said as he walked away from you, still keeping that warm smile.

You didn't say anything as you watched him walk away from you.

The last bell rang.

Shit.

Authors note: I know, I know

Authors note:
I know, I know. Cliche. But I dig for that shit lol.