Chapter 29

"We have the upper hand. We know eleven's weaknesses and strengths. When El remote travels, she is in this trance-like state!"

"That's why Vecna was in the attic!" Lucas concluded.

When Vecna attacks, his body is defenseless. However, there was one problem. His army. How does someone bypass an army?

A distraction.

We need a distraction.

"There's just one problem. We don't know when or who he will attack next!" Robin said.

That's it.

I have to let him in.

"Yeah, we do," Max answered.

You knew what she was going to say next. And you weren't going to allow that to happen.

"No." You mumbled.

Everyone looked at you.

"I'll do it," you said as you stood up to make your stand.

"I'll distract him."

Eddie especially was not happy to hear this.

"No! Nope. I can't let you do that." Eddie finally said.

"What do you have me do, Eddie!? Stand here and do nothing!" you argued.

"Yes! That's what I exactly want you to do!" he told you.

"Eddie, I'm only distracting him. Vecna will leave himself vulnerable if he tries to attack me. Trust me. He can't hurt me if he was willing to try." You responded.

You felt everyone watching you two argue over who needs protecting.

"I don't want to see you get hurt." he finally said, now standing with you.

"She's right," Max spoke.

"She is the strongest one here. I would've sacrificed myself if no one said anything."

"Max-" Lucas said.

From his response, she gave him a glaring but concerned stare.

"I survived before, you know." She responded.

You looked over to Eddie.

He wasn't having it with this plan as he just sat on the couch. His elbows laid on his knees with his hands grasped each other against his mouth. Getting lost in his thoughts.

Once everyone separated themselves from him, you walked towards him. They knew this was going to be tough.

You shared a seat with him.

"Eddie?" you spoke softly.

"Please say something."

He didn't respond.

"Eddie, you know why I have to do this. I'm the only one-"

"You've made your choice." he finally spoke.

"Now I have to make mine," he said and got up, leaving you there. You pleaded with him to stay, but he walked out the door.

"Hey!" you shouted as you followed him out of the trailer.

The Indiana sun was bright, but the chilling wind covered that.

"What happened to you always being there for me? Do you think I want to do this? We're all risking our lives here, Eddie!"

He stopped walking.

You did too.

Yet he still wasn't responding. He couldn't even turn to look at you.

"Please, Eddie," you muttered.

"I need you...to stay with me."

That was the most honest sentence you had ever said. You needed him now more than ever. This task was going to be mentally draining, and you needed
him to be there. To stay alive.

He slowly turned around to look at you.

His eyes were intensely focused but filled with pain.

But you watched as his eyes softened when he looked at you.

You walked towards him and wrapped your arms around him.

He did the same.

After a moment, he finally said:

"I can't leave you even if I tried."

He backed away to look at you. His hand pushes the hair out of your face.

"Yet I'll say this: If you die, I die. I can't live in a world without you living in it."

Your eyes saddened.

"I love you, ed.." you whispered.

"I love you more.." he said gently as he brushed the tear running down your face and gently kissed your head.

Your heels raise just enough to place your soft lips onto his.

He couldn't stop smiling as he kissed you.

I never want to leave him.

You both pulled away from each other.

But as his gaze shifted from you to another, he got intrigued by an object on the ground.

"Hey..." he muttered brightly as he discovered something he recognized.

Beside the door, there was a phone book. Flipped to the ad page.

"This might help us..." he said as he looked at the page.

"Eddie found something," you said to the others as they scrambled their brains.

"Check this out! The War Zone. I've been there once. It's huge. They got a lot of things for, like, uh...killing things."

"Is that a grenade? How is this legal?" Robin questioned.

"Well, apparently, it is. It's just outside of Hawkins. Suppose we take the back roads. We should avoid angry hicks."

"We need the weapons, so I think it'll be worth the risk." Nancy agreed.

"How do you expect us to get there? You got a car that we don't know about." Steve interrupted.

"Well, it's not exactly a car...Steve." Eddie replied, looking at him, expressing a wide, devilish grin.

"But it'll do...