Chapter 12

You heard a knock on the door.

"Hey, sweetheart, you're going to be late for school."

It was the following day. You didn't realize you had slept through the night. And you were still in yesterday's clothes.

You were going to be late, but you didn't freak out about it. For an excuse, you told the front desk you had a stomach ache this morning.

But they still gave you a tardy pass anyways.

Again it didn't bother you because you had one thing on your mind—a plan of action.

You paced the hallways scanning every person that walked passed you.

Where could he be?

The bell rang.

Shit.

You continued your day, still looking for what you wanted.

Hours and hours of useless time had passed by, and you still didn't find what you were looking for.

As the day started to end, you went outside to get some fresh air from all of this headache.

Your lungs finally caught a breath—weight lifting off your shoulders.

You stood beside the high school building hiding from the messy crowd of students and the high school drama.

You weren't ready to communicate with your family. You weren't ready to communicate with anyone.

If only...

You pulled your walkman out and played whatever tape you had as you watched everyone go home. You closed your eyes, leaning your head on the brick wall.

Time didn't exist here.

Maybe this wasn't meant to be. Perhaps this is a good thing?

You were now sitting on the cold concrete beneath you.

Maybe fate didn't want you to finish this plan of yours. Perhaps it was wrong.

Or

Maybe it was fate that led you to this moment...

Because you felt a very familiar presence.

A voice came above you. You opened your eyes as they focused on the figure hovering over you. His lips were moving, but you couldn't catch his words.

You quickly took off your headphones. Surprised that fate was on your side when you least expected it.

"What did you say?" you asked.

He towered over you—his dark locks in his face as his hands were tucked away in his pockets.

"I said, I like that song too," Eddie said, nudging with his head to the walkman in your hand.

The song that was playing was from one of your Metallica Mixtapes. I guess the volume was so loud that he could hear.

"Really? You know Metallica?." you questioned, looking up at him.

That was a stupid question.

"Do I look like a common bard to you!?" he said, almost offended.

"Metallica is one of the greatest rock bands of all time." he came closer to you now.

You laughed at his offended statement.

"Do you mind if I join you?" he respectfully inquired.

However, sometimes fate puts things in front of you to test your integrity.

"You certainly may,"

He sat there with you on the cold concrete. Joining you in whatever "human isolation" you were doing.

He then proceeded to pull out a cigarette box and took one out with his fingers, and placed it between his lips.

He pulls out a lighter. Attempting to light it.

However, it wouldn't.

"Damn it," he said softly, trying not to disturb your peace.

"Here," you said as you swiftly pulled a lighter of your own to light his cigarette.

He looked at you with a shocked expression. You saw him processing your actions right in from of him as the cigarette hung from his mouth.

"You smoke?" he asked with the cig still in his mouth.

"Nah. I don't smoke cigarettes." You said, closing the clip of your lighter.

"Then...what do you smoke?" He asked, taking a puff.

"I prefer something...stronger," you said. Your eyes up at him and putting on a devilish grin.

He definitely knew what you were implying and knew what you wanted.

Back at home they had what you wanted. Now you found it here.

"Well, y/l/n, I might have what you might be yearning for." He said, getting up and offering his hand for you to grab. A wide smirk created across his lips.

You grabbed the sinner's hand as he pulled you up.

"Follow me."

You willingly followed him off campus into the woods nearby.

Is he going to kill me in these damn woods? Well. Not if I do it first.

"Uh, where are we going?" You asked.

"Where I take all my clientele." He said, looking back at you as he walked forward.

He led you to an old wooden table in the woods.

He spun on his heels to look at you.

"Have a seat."