The Rebirth #1

I am Akitzu, a college student born on a world called Earth.

My hobbies are reading manga, watching anime, and playing video games.

My favorite genre is action and historical fantasy; I dislike stories about the modern world since I'm currently living in it.

It was just my typical normal day, but this day, on my way home,

I got struck by lightning, and instead of getting any superpowers or magical powers, I unfortunately died.

Yes, I received death.

My body died, but my consciousness never disappeared.

I can't see, but I can feel everything.

It felt like I was floating in an unending river of blood.

It was extremely hot, and the smell was so horrible that I wanted to die again.

It was like flowing into an unending river of hell, but it is not.

I knew that hell might be similar to this, but I know it's not.

I came up with a name for this place; I now call it the Abyss of Indulgence.

If I compare this to hell, then this one is much more extreme than what I've heard about hell.

I was suffering from burning as well; my body was in pain, but I can never explain what that pain was.

I heard screams in agony, so I also tried screaming for help.

But It was futile; I could only scream an inaudible scream.

I felt something touching me and wanting to pull me down. So I tried my best to resist. And luckily, I didn't drown in the depths of hell.

Above all of it, I saw the memories of a Demon within this Abyss.

One day, I stopped floating, and the only words that I had in mind were, 'I don't want to experience that sh*t ever again.'

After countless days, months, or years.

I can finally open my eyes.

'It seems I was born ag-' I got interrupted.

"Wh-what?" Were the only words I heard.

Due to being an adult in the past, I didn't cry or do anything aside from gazing upon a woman and a maid.

In the way they dress, I can tell that I was reincarnated into some sort of era in the past.

Due to my excitement, I began trembling. The woman's eyes widened, and she tried her best to calm me down.

I can assume that the woman who's currently holding me might be my mother; she was beautiful like a rose.

She has long black hair, plum-red eyes, cat-like irises, and a slender body.

I stared at the room's structure, and it was extremely stunning. I can't believe that these are structures from the past.

A day later.

My father, the head of the Kibutsuji family, and the elders of the family decided to kill me.

They see me as a useless tool, and to think that they see me like that even though I'm just a day-old baby

Wait, can I even call myself a baby? I have never seen my body yet, but I heard the maid say that my body was extremely fragile for a baby when I pretended to be sleeping last night.

When the maid was carrying me towards my father, I saw a katana. I glanced at it, and I saw my reflection.

My body was small. My arms and legs are too thin, like a stick; if I survive this, I might have a hard time just standing in the future.

My father has long, black curly hair, black almond-shaped eyes, and a muscular body.

Now, my father is currently holding me using his right arms while holding a knife in his left hand.

He sat and started some sort of ritual, putting the knife on his side. He held me with both of his hands.

'Help, I think I'm getting sacrificed,' I thought.

I didn't cry at my birth, but now tears fall from my eyes since I'm about to die again.

I cried and screamed, "Whaa!" My mother trembled at my scream.

I could see the guilt on her face.

I thought my mother would just sit and watch me die.

But she stood up, walked towards my father, kissed my forehead, and sat by his side.

Her eyes weren't the same as before, and that's when I realized that she had already made a decision to commit suicide.

My father noticed my mother's attempt to stab herself using the knife he put on his side.

My father immediately grabbed the knife out of her hands with inhumane speed, letting me fall to the floor.

It was painful, but It was worth it; breaking bones for my mother's life is not a bad trade at all.

He asked her why he sensed killing intent in her.

As tears fell from my mother's alluring eyes, she replied, "I cannot bear to see my child die in front of me. I would rather die first than see him die before me. So I could accompany him, even in the afterlife."

My father's emotionless face showed a concerned and worried face a bit.

My mother hurriedly ran to me and held me in her arms while saying, "I'm sorry." She hugged me.

My memories of the past are nothing but something from the past—my past.

I won't be Akitzu anymore, but as a child born into the Kibutsuji family,

A few hours later.

My father spared my life.

Since he knows that if they kill me now or indirectly kill me in the future, my mother will kill herself.

My father never announced my birth.

But instead, he sent me to another house with some maids and doctors to take care of me.

A month later, my mother came.

My mother was slowly walking in my direction.

I'm not blind to the fact that she looks sick.

The maid, who always takes care of me, got worried about my mother's condition.

I sat down so she wouldn't worry about me walking anywhere.

She hurriedly went to her and accompanied my mother.

A few minutes later.

My mother successfully arrived in front of me.

She hugged me and said that she missed me while bursting into tears.

She also played with me and spoiled me.

After she calmed down and was done playing with me, my mother said that I'd become a big brother soon.

So I should overcome my disease so I can protect my little brother or sister in the future.

She also said that she may not be able to come back here to visit me. I could only see her again once I'd overcome this disease, had a better body condition, and got out of this house to come back and live in the main house.

She also wrote a letter about what she just said, since she's worried that I'm currently a baby and can't understand and remember what she just said.

She gathered my servants and told us that my father gave me a name. So from this day forward, I was known as Kibutsuji Muzan.

'What? I thought I'd become Muzan Kibutsuji's brother." Screams internally.