flowers

Wednesday woke up, feeling a body pressed up against hers. It was Enid, who else could it be? Wednesday was slightly uncomfortable with the physical affection, but tried to sit through it.

Wednesday looked at the taller girl, admiring how peaceful she looked. It made Wednesday feel sick, knots twisting in her stomach.

She quickly averted her gaze when she felt the girl waking up. She would always do the same thing, nuzzle closer.

"I know you're awake, Sinclair."

Silence.

"You smell good, Wens." Wednesday's cheeks turned a light pink as she shoved the girl off of her bed. "Your touch is sickening."

Enid let out an exaggerated groan when she hit the floor, with her werewolf strength it barely hurt.

Wednesday got out of bed, her hair framing her face.

Enid got up, rushing to her side of the room to get ready.

"Uhm, Wednesday?" "Yes?" "Nevermind."

Wednesday raised a brow as the girl rushed to the bathroom to change.

She saw Thing "looking" at her.

"Don't assume such a thing. I could never be friends with somebody.. like her." Wednesday stated bitterly.

Enid heard, she hadn't been quiet when talking to Thing. Infact, most of the time she was yelling at it.

Enid frowned, why was her roommate so confusing? Maybe she had felt forced to deal with Enid? Enid sighed, a tight feeling in her chest.

When it came to Enid, everything was too much. She was so hyper and loud. It was like she ran off of batteries.

When Enid got out of the shower, she practically ran out of the dorm room, leaving Wednesday alone and confused.

-

Hours had passed and she was still gone.

"I'm sure she's fine, Thing." Wednesday muttered, staring at the severed hand.

Wednesday wasn't worrying, or at least that's what she told herself. She convinced herself she was just curious to where her roommate had gone.

"I'll be back." Wednesday said, walking out of the dorm room.

She walked around campus, searching the places she knew Enid liked to hang around.

It's not like she stalked her, she just noticed Enid's calenders and sticky notes telling Wednesday where she'd be at certain times.

She saw Enid sitting in the courtyard, staring at flowers.

The moon was shining perfectly at her, it looked so unreal. Wednesday gulped, approaching the blonde girl. She could tell Enid was upset by her body language, and she hated dealing with emotions.

"Enid." Enid turned her head. "Oh hey, sorry, I was about to head back." Enid's voice was shaky, but cold. "Are.." Wednesday took a step back, and looked up at Enid, trying to show that she was concerned. "Are you feeling well?"

Enid stared at the girl for a second, "Yeah, it's nothing." She said, giving her a small smile. It didn't last long, Enid walked past her to walk back to the dorm.

Wednesday looked down at the flowers, they were a deep purple.

Wednesday took note of that, for whatever reason.

-

Recently, Enid had started hanging out with her other friends, leaving Wednesday alone a lot more.

At first Wednesday had thought it was a nice change, but she soon realized she had gotten used to the constant rants Enid would go on, or her music she would play unreasonably loudly, or perhaps she even missed the sweet smell of Enid's perfume. It made her skin crawl.

"Thing, I have a task for you." Thing jumped onto the bed, waiting for Wednesday's request.

The goth was pacing back and forth, her hands behind her back. "There's some purple flowers out in the courtyard, but they aren't in the best conditions, find me some that look a little more alive please." Such an odd request, but Wednesday was now considering how she may have pushed away the only person who cared to put up with her constant threats and closed off personality. Everyone else at this school hadn't bothered coming up to her, except for Enid.

Wednesday opened the door, allowing Thing is crawl out to fulfil it's duties.

-

Wednesday sighed, she was angry at herself for giving in to something that would make her seem so.. soft!

The sound of a weak knock grabbed her attention, she opened the door, taking the flowers from Thing. "These.. are exceptional, thank you.." Wednesday muttered the last part, but Thing gave her a thumbs up as he jumped into her desk.

Wednesday shut the door, wrapping the flowers to make a bouquet, adding a ribbon for decoration.

The paper around the flowers seemed old, the ribbon was black and tied neatly, it was obvious Wednesday had taken her time.

She placed the flowers onto Enid's bed, along with a letter.

She had decided to go to bed early, wanting to avoid Enid's questions about the flowers.

-

Enid had barely noticed the flowers, as she rushed into the bathroom as soon as she had gotten back.

Normally, she would blast kpop on her phone while showering, but it was the middle of the night. She knew if she were to wake Wednesday, the goth would have gone through with her plan to murder one.

Enid got out of the shower, now in shorts and an oversized sweater. It was covered in orange, white and pink.

She saw the flowers and letter, and smiled. Maybe it was a love confession from somebody? Or a gift from a past lover?

Enid shook her head, it was stupid to think that. The bouquet was far too.. dark for that, along with a black envelope.

The flowers were pretty, she could tell they were carefully handled when they were wrapped. She grabbed one of her extra vases, putting some water and the flowers in it.

She went back to her bed, opening the envelope.

"If you continue to stay out so late these flowers will be the ones used at your funeral."

Enid smiled, Wednesday.

The annoyingly closed off, gothic, threatening roommate had spent her own time doing this for Enid.

Enid could smell the girl's scent on the envelope, she didn't smell scary. 'Is that even possible? To smell scary?' Enid thought to herself. She sniffed the envelope, vanilla. But oddly enough she smelt like old books as well, it was an intriguing smell.

Enid reread the envelope, smiling. Wednesday may have had her own way of expressing her feelings, but Enid knew what she meant.

She missed her.

The werewolf smiled, holding the letter close to her chest as she fell backwards on the bed.

"Wednesday Addams missed me!" She thought to herself, happily.