books and dust

"That was easier than I thought." Enid muttered. "Don't make me change my mind." Enid just smiled, "It's Thursday night, I'll have our outfits by then." Wednesday glared, "Outfits?" "Yeah, we're gonna dress up!" "You owe me your life, Sinclair."

-

Wednesday was sitting at her desk, sketching a picture of Thing. "She's been acting weird.. since the festival. Did I reveal too much?" Thing shook it's head - or well, a finger. "She's been less clingy, and while I enjoy it the quiet is now.. odd to endure. Do you think she is assuming Tyler and I are together? Maybe she is trying to be respectful for once. While we are not together, this could be of use to me."

Wednesday shut her sketchbook, pushing her chair in. She would normally go on a walk around this time, but she had already gone on one earlier. She hasn't had much time to focus on the killings, she's been stuck with Enid.

She decided she would ask trusted individuals to join her, but she would need a team she knew she could rely on.

But she couldn't actually trust anyone, anybody could be the killer, even Enid-

Enid.

Where has she been?

It was almost curfew, she's never out this late.

As if on cue, Enid came running into the room, out of breath. "Wednesday!" She said, tears in her eyes. Wednesday just raised a brow, confused. "There's been another murder." Enid said, leaning her forehead into Wednesday's shoulder.

Wednesday's brows furrowed. "Where have you been Sinclair?" "I have clubs tuesdays! You know this. I decided to go on a walk in the forest.." Enid's expression changed into a sickened one. "I saw.. something run off. I was startled but figured it was just my imagination. So I kept walking, which was my mistake. I tripped over their body."

"How do I know you're not lying?" Enid shoved Wednesday, "Why are you so- so stupid Wednesday?! Can you wait until after I've processed this to blame me?!" "Sinclair, I need to know everything I can about this murder." "You're so inconsiderate!" Enid yelled, her claws and some fur had started growing. It was hard for her to control her inner wolf when her emotions were a mess.

Enid rushed outside, the moon had always helped her calm down.

She leaned against the balcony, hugging herself, her nails digging into her arm as she teared up. She just wanted to be comforted.

After a few minutes, Enid had calmed down, her wolf ears being the only thing showing.

She walked back into the dorm room, changing into a sweater and shorts.

Enid could feel the Addams girl staring at her. Annoyed, she turned towards her, growling lowly. Her fangs were showing, Wednesday couldn't tell what intrigued her the most, the claws, which could tear her to bits, the teeth, sharper than her knives, the ears, they looked soft.

Wednesday walked up to the girl, grabbing her jaw harshly to get a better look at her teeth. "Open, Sinclair." "Get your hands off of me!" She warned.

"I want to look at your tee-" "I said stop..!"

It was a swift movement, Wednesday didn't expect it, she took a step back. Enid's claws barely made contact with her, only one scratch on her forehead.

Wednesday blinked, her mind blank as she felt the blood slowly drip down her face. "Your claws are sharp enough to rip me apart, why stop at a scratch?"

Enid froze, shocked at what she had done. "Shit shit shit Wednesday! I'm so sorr-"

"Finish the job."

"What?"

"Finish the job." Wednesday said sternly, a small gap in her sentence.

"You're a friend to me. I don't want to hurt you! It was an accident I can't- I can't think clearly when I'm angry, I'm sorry! But I asked you to stop."

Wednesday analyzed her expression, the way her ears were less perked up, and how her tail was between her legs. "You are like a dog." She mumbled. "I could kill you."

"Right, which is why I want you to join my investigation team. I can rely on you." "I just attacked you Wednesday!" "Out of anger, I pushed you to it. No big deal." She shrugged.

"You could make it up to me by cleaning the cut." Enid nodded, "Go sit on your bed." She requested, walking into the bathroom to find the first aid kit.

"It's just a.. kind of small mark on your forehead. It should heal in a couple days. Luckily, the cut wasn't too deep since you stepped back from me."

"I have quick reflexes." "Just try to not let me do that again ok?" Wednesday nodded as Enid walked back to her bed.

"Enid."

"Yes?"

"I apologize.. for my pushiness. It won't happen again."

"It's fine, you were just.. curious I guess. Anyways, night Weds."

"Night."