"heartless"

"You have to text me every day ok Wednesday?" "I will, who else would I threaten?" Enid grinned, "It's ok Addams, you can admit you'll miss me, I'll miss you." Wednesday held up her phone, "I figured we could take a picture together? My parents would probably like to know what you loo-" Enid jumped up and down, "Yeah! Of course!"

The picture was taken quickly, nothing professional. Enid has her arms wrapped around the girl and was smiling brightly, a small smile from the goth complimenting it.

"I have to go Willa, I'll come visit, promise!" "I'm picking you up next week." Enid paused for a second, "So soon?" "I will admit I am eager to put a scalpels to your stomach." Enid frowned once she felt her phone buzz, "Sooo, I guess this is goodbye?" "Just for now." Wednesday responded, taking a step forward.

Enid didn't seem to notice the closeness, but she tilt her head in confusion. "Hug. Do it now before I regret letting this happen." Enid smiled, "Love you too, Addams."

Wednesday was glad Enid had pulled her in when she did, it gave her time to calm herself, and get rid of the color on her pale cheeks.

Enid pulled away, but leaned down to give Wednesday a kiss on the cheek. "Bye Weds!" The wolf said, grabbing her last suitcase and running off.

She brought her hand up to her cheek and stood there for a second, shocked. She quickly shook it off as she had someone else to say goodbye to.

Eugene.

The goodbye was quick, but she did shake his hand. Touch didn't come as easily with other people like it did with Enid. It was harder.

Once in the car, she had time to think of everything Nevermore had thrown at her. Competitions, murder, jobs, people, friends, companions, twist, betrayal, arguments, mysteries.

One of the biggest mysteries to Wednesday was how she could end up falling for her roommate. The girl who is so opposite to her it made her skin crawl. It still does, but in an unwanted, and expectedly, tolerable way.

Months ago she would've been able to call herself heartless and mean it. But if she meant it she wouldn't have done anything she did for Enid, she wouldn't have cried over Thing almost dying, and she wouldn't have cared for Eugene getting injured. So no, she wasn't heartless, but nobody needed to know that.