017. reaper

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

      ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

    Sparkle: Rubyhorse

"Well, here we are." I wail my arms in the air.

"It's only two hours, Brianna. And if you do that, you get that thing off two days earlier." Officer West looks at my ankle monitor.

"Wow, what a score!" I walk backwards towards Mobile Meals.

"Brianna." He warns.

"Hey, maybe after this, we can look for an apartment, paint a pretty picture, adopt one or ten cats."

"Brianna."

"It's good that you got my name down, Officer West. Although, I don't know whether to be flattered or insulted because I tend to be a hard person to forget." I keep walking backwards.

"I'll say." I hear Clay say and I turn around.

"And my day just keeps getting better."

"Hi, Brianna." Martha chuckles.

"Hi, Martha. Do you have a headache yet?" I tilt my head before mocking a grin to Clark.

"I do." Officer West speaks up.

"Right there with you." Clark nods.

"Then you're more than welcome to leave. And, like, not come back. Ever." I raise my eyebrows.

"You know, that sounds like a great idea. Since we were here first-"

"Nope." I shake my head. "Not so fast, Kent. I'm here on mandatory community service. Two hours now, I get this off two days earlier."

"That's cheating."

"What?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"You're using the old and sick in order to get what you want. And you say I'm a cruel man."

"Hey, I never said I was a good person."

"That's a good point." Clark nods.

"I know because my points are always right." I nod back.

"Ah, Martha, Clark, I'd like you to meet Tyler Randall, new volunteer." A man comes out before a younger guy joins him.

"Hi." Martha grins.

"I want you to show him the ropes." The man inquires and Martha shakes Tyler's gloved hand.

"Hank tells me you grow the best organic produce this side of Metropolis." Tyler informs.

"You just made a friend for life." Clark nods.

"Not that you have any." I nod as I keep my gaze forward and he nudges me, making me hit him in the back of his head.