074. the balloonman

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

                ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

King of the Damned: Palaye Royale

"Don't matter if you a cop. You dirty, the Balloonman gonna get you." A man on the tv says as I watch with crossed arms.

"It's time the people of Gotham realize that they have to stand up for themselves." A Mexican man nods.

"Hey, Balloonman ought to get to my landlord next. He's a crook." A gray haired woman inquires. "And his name is Harold Bl-"

"This is wonderful. This is like...my dream of how today was gonna go." Captain turns off the tv. "Besides the black eye to the department, now we have a vigilante who kills bad cops."

"Cranston wasn't that bad." Harvey tells her and my phone silently buzzes in my pocket, but I ignore it.

"But whatever he was or wasn't guilty of, Cranston was a lieutenant in the GCPD. You don't get to go around killing cops. So where are you on this and the Danzer murder?"

"We're looking for a man named Carl Smikers." I hold up the file with Carl's picture on the front. "He was an employee at the factory where the balloons were stolen."

"We have uniforms staking out his apartment, but he hasn't been back there since last night." Jim adds and my phone silently buzzes again.

"And you like him for this?" Captain questions.

"Oh, he's guilty." Harvey confirms. "Leave me in a room with him, he'll be guilty."

"He's definitely connected, but Jim and I aren't sure he's the one." I send him a side glare.

"He had weather balloons!"

"Cranston and Danzer were killed with weather balloons! He's the guy!"

"Smikers never graduated high school." Jim informs.

"He's never held a job for more than a year, he's got busts for soliciting, possession." I nod.

"Tell her about the other balloons." Harvey quirks up.

"What other balloons?" Captain asks.

"Smikers' boss mentioned that four balloons are missing. There are two of them still out there." I tell her and my phone silently buzzes once again.

"So two more targets? We have any sense who they might be?"

"Danzer and Cranston were both known figures, and known to be dirty. Killers didn't need any special knowledge to target them, so, it's likely the next target is public and known to be corrupt."

"Basically, every elected official in Gotham should stay indoors." Harvey inquires.

"Find him. Now." Captain orders.