081. the mask

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

               ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Bloodhound: 5 Seconds of Summer

"You really look like him." Bruce tells me as we sit in the living room looking at old photos of our fathers.

"Everyone used to say that." I nod.

"Brianna." Alfred enters. "You've got mail." He hands me an envelope.

"Thank you, Alfred." I take it and notice that the handwriting is Clark's. "Idiot." I scoff before I open the envelope and take out the folded piece of paper.

"Is is from Miles?" Bruce asks.

"No. It's from Kent."

"Clark?"

"Yeah." I nod as I start reading Clark's letter.

"So he is your boyfriend." Bruce inquires.

"No." I shake my head. "Kent's Kent. Just someone I have to tolerate for four more months."

"Well, I think he likes you."

"Kent doesn't like me. He likes making my life hard and I like making his miserable. That's how it goes."

"You know they always say that when a boy is mean to a girl, he likes her. And vice versa."

"Us five year olds believed anything. Like Santa and the Tooth Fairy." I finish reading Clark's letter before setting it down.

"Are you gonna write him back?" Bruce wonders.

"Yeah." I nod. "So, you excited to start school again?"

"Not really."

"When I first moved to Smallville, there was this girl who had it out for me. Of course she was the popular girl. She found the video of me collapsing during my football game and she broadcasted it to the whole school."

"That's terrible. I'm so sorry, Brianna."

"Don't be. She transferred schools and I'm four years sober." I inquire and he grins. "Don't worry, Bruce, it'll get better." I grip his shoulder.

        •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Hell of a way to start the day. I mean, I just cleaned this." Harvey holds his tie as he spills some of his coffee and I scoff.

"Harvey." Jim places his hand in my shoulder.

"Hey. Uniforms found the body. No wallet, no ID, no watch. He got beat up pretty good. I'm guessing the cause of death is that gigantic gash in the side of his neck."