099. serum

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

   ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

   Bad Blood: Taylor Swift

"There she is." I hear Miles say as I slowly head out of my car.

"Ah." I wince from the pain in my shoulder, but I refrain from holding it for obvious reasons.

"Shouldn't you be in Gotham right now? You know, saving people from serial killers and mafia bosses?" He walks over with Lana and Chloe.

"Cute. But that's not my job for the time being." I lie.

"Bruce Wayne, yeah, we know." He hugs me and I hug him back.

"Hey, wife." I now hug Lana.

"Hey, honey." Lana squeezes me before pulling away.

"Hey, I heard what happened. Glad you're okay." I hug Chloe.

"I heard what happened too. Glad you're alive." Chloe squeezes me.

"The hell happened?" I look at the Kent barn being rebuilt. "Should I rewatch Life as a House and come back?" I squint my eyes due to the sun and the others laugh.

"From the meteor shower." Miles tells me.

"I'll go see if they need help."

"Aren't you on two weeks rest?"

"You're still talking?" I walk past him and head over to the scene.

"Brianna." Lex walks over to me.

"Lex." I hug him and exhale in relief. "You're okay." I squeeze him.

"Yeah, I'm alright." He squeezes me back. "I heard what happened in Gotham. I just got off the phone with Bruce and Alfred." He now pulls way. "Are you okay?" He examines my face.

"Yeah, just a few scratches. Everyone's accounted for. My mom told me about the meteor shower. You sure you're okay?"

"Yeah." He nods and I nod back. "How's the move? You adjust okay?"

"Yeah, it's great. I should've told you, but, uh, I reached my limit here and I just had to go and never look back. But I was planning on calling you. I would never leave you without saying goodbye. And I would never really leave you, Lex. I hope you know that."

"I know, Brianna. Don't apologize. I understand the feeling, believe me. Are you happy there?"

"Yeah." I admit. "I am."

"Then that's all that matters." Lex rubs my good shoulder. "What are you doing over the summer?"

"I'm gonna be with Bruce. Continue working on his parents' case. I just wanted to say goodbye to everywhere before I left. Then college."

"What school?"

"Princeton. I got the scholarship."

"Brianna, that's amazing. And not surprising in the slightest." Lex laughs before hugging me and I hug him back. "Congratulations." He pulls away with a smile.