Rain

Not edited ******
Cecily laid awake on the bed, the sun had risen but her mind was stuck on Edith's words from last night.

When she woke up she took out her phone and was texting the head of security to do a check on anyone named Nick in Edith's files. Leaving her to lay awake in question.

A groan grabbed her attention, Edith was sitting up her eyes red and hair a mess.

"Morning cupcake, how do you feel ?" Cecily softly ruffled her hair away from her face.

"Like a truck hit me," she grumbled, her voice barely audible. Hearing her sad tone Cecily knew she had woken up big.

"Come on I'll help you get ready and we can go take your medicine." She reached under her armpits.

"I can do it-" Edith started butt scooting back.

"Nah ah," Cecily gently picked her up.

Edith pouted knowing Cecily would keep insisting she got her ready.

Cecily booped her nose,"thank you for complying." As she took her to the changing table.

"That's only because I can't out run you." Edith mumbled yawing, she rubbed her eyes with her free hand.

Cecily couldn't help but laugh, "smart choice." She laid Edith down carefully and moved her hand away from her eyes, "you'll hurt your eyes baby."

The way cecily called baby made Edith feel small, a whined escaped her lips, Cecily grabbed a wet cloth and cleaned her eyes.

Cecily made quick work of getting her changed and out of her pyjamas. And into a new nappy.

She cooed at Edith as she settled her on her hip and brought her back out to the room.

Edith's eyes went wide at seeing the bed made, Buttercup sitting with a book and Beans the lion.

"How in the world," she said to herself as Cecily placed Edith on the bed leaving her alone as Cecily looked around her closet finding a pair of strawberry overalls and a white onesie. With a matching pink pacifier.

"How did the bed get made so fast?" Edith asked.

"The maids," Cecily shrugged. Pulling the onesie over her head and casted arm, she stood her up to snap it in place

"I didn't even hear them." Edith said as Cecily put on her overalls.

"No one usually does," Cecily reasoned as she attached the pacifier on her overalls.

"But that's so quick."  Cecily slipped some booties on her feet, knowing Edith hated socks.

Edith was staring at them intrigued, not noticing when Cecily gave her buttercup and took her to her room, "because they are."

"That's not a logical explanation."She said coming out of her trance by her new footwear that was rather comfy, as Cecily sat her on the couch in her room.

"Well then you should ask them," Cecily said from her closet.

"But I never see them, how can I ask them?"

Cecily went into the bathroom to get changed and came out in a pair of black overalls and white Oxford shirt. To match Edith. "I actually don't know." She said pulling on a pair of sneakers. "But I'm sure you'll figure it out."

Edith's eyebrows furrowed as Cecily picked her up. "My brain has also been hit by truck I don't want to think." Edith grumbled.

"Well then I'll see what I can do," she softly ran her hand on her back walking down the stairs.