Scars part 1

As the night settled in Edith fell asleep during the movie once again, leaving Cecily with the linger ing thoughts of todays conversations with her baby.

She had gotten her in her pyjamas and laid with her buttercup and bean in bed. Meanwhile, she sat upon the rocking chair watching her sleep when her phone rang.

She opened seeing the notification from her head of security "there's hardly any information of someone named Nick. The only connections Edith has is of a human in her high school called Nick but they have never had contact near Edith from the Holo watch's GPS. The only Nick that has been in contact is and her late dads partner. We haven't been able to find any information on him."

Dread and worry rose in Cecily's chest knowing she would have to wait. Either for Edith or her head of security to magically find all the answers.

————————

Edith had awoken quiet this morning, letting Cecily get her ready in onesie tutu, cape, and the booties she seemed to have grown accustomed of. She hoped her outfit would help her ease back into head space and she would play pretend like usual in her office.

But Edith had insisted upon reading a book instead. Edith flipped through the pages of a quantum physics her pacifier dangling from its clip not even being touched by her.

It had been a silent morning, so much to Cecily's dismay. When suddenly the door burst open making Edith jump.

Xavier burst in present in hand with Lana following behind.

He bee lined straight for Edith who was looking at him wide eyed. Still startled.

He sat down beside her and took the book from her hands.

"Why are you reading Quantum physics?" He asked genuinely.

Edith shrugged, "I like physics."

Xavier hummed and exchange her book for the present as he tossed the book to the end of the couch.

Lana and Cecily watched attentively, Lana leaned in to Cecily's ear and whispered "I heard from the maids what happened. I'm sorry, how is she doing?"

With a single look from Cecily Lana knew how she was feeling and simply pulled her in for a hug.

"Dino," Edith said getting everyone's attention for her voice had excitement.

She carefully leaned in with her good arm and gave him a side hug. Making Xavier smile from ear to ear.

"Glad you like it tiny," he echoed, "mother of Edith please help the tiny change." He said to Cecily waving his hand.

Cecily shook her head and helped Edith change into the dinosaur onesie in exchange of her princess attire. Xavier help as Cecily zipped it up and  pulled the hood over her head and made sure her pacifier was clipped on.

"Wonderful, a tiny Dino!" Xavier said.

Edith smiled softly at him.

"I think she is missing something," Lana spoke up.

Edith furrowed her eyebrows confused, Lana handed her a bag.

Inside where dinosaur booties, "thank you," Edith said looking up with a tight smile.

Xavier carefully picked her up and sat her on his lap, throwing her old booties and exchanging it for the dinosaur ones.

"Now what shall we play?" Xavier asked.

"Play?" Edith repeated.

"Yes play!" Edith look at him plainly, "how about dinosaur attack?"

Edith frowned looking at her arm and feeling the lingering pain, "I can't play yet Xavie. Still hurt." She said disappointed.