𝟎𝟎𝟏.

KALIYA SADE ROSS

KALIYA SADE ROSS

𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐆𝐎, 𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐒𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟖

𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐆𝐎, 𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐒
𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟖

"Aye, come get'chall lunch!" Officer Wilson, the CO officer for the unit, called out. Shortly after her announcement, the doors for each room unlocked and women filed out of each other.

Kaliya was the final person to walk out of her room, scratching her side as she yawned and slowly made her way down the stairs.

Four months has passed since Kaliya's court hearing. In her opinion she adjusted pretty well to the jail life. When she first entered the facility she wasn't gonna lie, she was scared for her life due to the stories she heard, but she masked the fear with her usual nonchalant attitude.

It took her some time to get used to the lack of privacy along with eating the food served to the inmates, but other than that she didn't have many problems.

Other than confiding in one of her many roommates Joann, who liked to be called Ann, Kaliya kept to herself. She only talked to the other girls whenever she wanted to trade for their chips or drinks, and she tried to stay out of the guards and CO's way despite them trying her.

"Girl hurry up!" Ann hissed from her spot in the line, holding her hand out for Kaliya to grab.

Kaliya lazily grabbed the girl's hand and stood in front of her, still dazed from the nap she was previously taking.

"They needa hurry up, I'm tryna talk to my new man." Ann whispered, a bright smile across her face as she eyed the phones.

At the mention of her new man, Kaliya's face contorted into confusion. That was new information to her since Ann never brought him up before.

"When did you get a new man? And do he know why you in jail?" She questioned, messing with her locs that had grown since she'd been in jail.