Epilogue

₊˚.༄

Not long had passed since the burial of Neteyam - perhaps a couple months at best. 'Kanu had made it routine to visit the spirit tree almost every day to pay her respects. Some days she would go with Lo'ak, other days she would go alone. But she would make it a point to visit whenever she could. His death was something that would affect her for the rest of her life - especially since she was so involved with the Sully family.

Her and Lo'ak had still not resolved where they stood with each other. Lo'ak would need time to heal from losing his brother and 'Kanu was in no hurry to rush into things. Still - the two would talk each day, walk along the beach, skip stones at eclipse and help their families with battle preparations.

It was no use pretending that nothing was wrong. Even the adults did not bother concealing any information from the children anymore - they would have to be ready too.

They would have to be ready for the sky people when they came.

-
A/n:
Yeah so that's it.
I don't know how many people even read authors notes but I thought I would say a few things.

1) I am sorry for letting Neteyam die. I got so many comments and messages asking for me to let him live but honestly I never even considered it for a second. He was always going to die and that's why I tried portraying a close friendship between him and 'Kanu - so that it would hurt more.

Awful, I know.

2) I'm not sure wether this is the kind of ending anyone was hoping for, but it is what it is. The movie had a very open ending and it did not let us know what happened to Tsireya and Lo'ak, so I had no clue what to do with him and 'Kanu. I just knew I didn't want them to be in a relationship just yet.

3) That kind of leads me to the last point I have - which is a sequel. When Avatar 3 comes out I will be writing a second part to this book (this was also part of the reason as to why I let Neteyam die).

Thank you so much for all the love! I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it a thousand more times - I appreciate every one of you and I LOVE reading your comments. You guys are so funny and sometimes say the most out of pocket things omg.

Feel free to criticize the ending, but please do not be mean. I believe constructive criticism is the only way I'll learn to improve my writing and put out better stuff in the future <33

I love you all! <3