chapter thirteen

Jacks pov ♡

For the past 3 days ive been driving Birdy to school and she really is slowly warming up to me. There is still a long way to go. But its getting somewhere. She is starting to replay to my texts quicker and isnt as dry anymore.
And im realizing its getting harder to keep her off my mind. Everything is starting to remind me of her.
In the best way.
But its also getting harder to hide my attraction to her from Trevor.

Like today, in the gym. We were just lifting weights and talking, when out of nowhere Don't Blame Me by Taylor Swift started playing and I could not stop my facial muscles from forming a grin on my face, because it obviously reminded me of my Birdy.

"Did you know coach canceled practice for the next week, at least. Do you have any idea why?" Trevor asks when he finishes his last set.
"I asked him and he told me his daughter died of leukemia last night, yeah he wont be coming back. Hes finding a new coach for us" i inform Z
"Shit. Thats rough." He sighs and grabs his water bottle.
"Yea. I liked Rosie, she was cool. But we have a basically free week because of it. Besides school."
"We should do something. Like the team. While we still have free time" Trevor says as he wipes the sweat from his forehead with the towel.
"Thats a good idea"

In that moment it feels like a light bulb light up above my head. And if Trevor is dumb enough he will fall in my trap.
"How about i invite Luke with us?"
Please fall. Please fall.
"Yea. Then i could invite Wren, you remember her? My little sister."
BINGO.
"The ginger? Yea i remember her" i act dumb
"Thats her" he laughs.
"If she wants too, she can. And im sure the guys will fall at her feet"
"Ha ha ha" Trevor fake laughs.

And with that. My spontaneous plan had succeeded and Wren and I are hanging out with her brother present.

Wrens pov ♡

I dont think people these days understand the power of books. Or music.
Im done listening about how movies are better then books. Cause they are not. When you are watching a movie you are watching someone else. But while you are reading a book it feels like you are the main character. You see everything they do. You feel everything they feel. And the best part of it all, it feels like you escaped reality. Everything around doesn't matter.
Im not sitting on my bed right now and i dont have candles light around my room, im sitting in a car with Johnny's mom, while he runs around trying to save my shoe from the rain. (Binding 13)
Im not Wren, im Shannon-like the river.

But sometimes i get snapped back to reality, like right now.
"Wren, guess who is coming to the music festival tomorrow with the team?" Trevor walks in my room and stops to a halt when he realizes how clean my room actually is.
"I hope to god its not me" i replay as i put my book down.
"Well then, god owes you an apology" he laughs and lays down in my bed. On my clean sheets, with outdoor clothes. Aghh.
"Why, Trevor, just why do you need me there?" I whine and try to push him off me bed with my foot.
"Cause you'll die alone if you keep this hermit thing up" he points out
"No i will not. Mer's dying with me" i joke and notice Trevor freeze just for a second when i mentioned Mer. Looks like i just might be correct.
"Anyways, back to the music festival. You are coming with us."
"Who is 'us'? Cause i dont really want to go with like 20 hockey players to listen to horrible music"
"Not ALL of us. Just me, Alex, Cole, Boldy, Luke and jack. Its just a small group, cause others have different plans" he says typing something in his phone.
"Luke, that's jacks baby brother, yea?"
"Yup, so you coming right?" He asks showing me his best effort of the 'puppy eyes', and he is really failing.
"If you stop doing that, then i might come. Ohh and Mer has to come too."
"Deal. I'll add you two to our group chat." He smiles and starts going to the door.
"How so you have Mer's number?"
He stops to a halt. "Uhhh, dont ask questions you dont want answers too"
"Okay okay, get out now"

With every minute as i think about the music festival i start getting more excited. Spending the day with mer, listening to music and maybe even getting high, sounds fucking awesome.
I also already know the guys will try to hook up with girls all day, so that will be funny.
But... im gonna have to spend the day with Jack. Im not that excited about that. I've been trying to distance myself, cause i dont really like the idea of catching feelings for him.
And i've lately noticed how im slowly getting attached to him. As much as i hate to admit it, when a text from him pops up on my screen i get a bit excited.
And that cant happen.
So, tomorrow im gonna try and get as far away from him as possible.

_____________
A/n
Sorry that its a bit of a short chapter.
But i would like thank you all for almost 11k reads. And to all the people who read Back To You, i fucking love you. I would have been good with 10k reads on it. But just before new years it hit 50k. Now its at 63 or 64, so thank you.
And a bit about hockey. I fucking knew that Canada would win. Bedard really is something.
And all the Taylor swift girlies, i dont know about you but i've been waiting for the Speak Now rerecord for like 3 years. And its finally gonna happen.

Love u<3