chapter eighteen

Wrens pov♡

Its been a week and i finally feel like going to school. Like i finally care about it. Well im worried about all the school work i've missed by sulking in my bed for a week.
But that is progress.
Cause when you care, you start to act on it.
So in about 5 minutes jack is picking me up.

I know i havent talked to him in a week. But last night when i heard trevor got back from   practise, i texted jack. Durring the week when he texted me everyday, i just left him on opened, cause i had no idea how to replay to him.

So yesterday i apologized to him for ghosting him and leaving him on opened. He said that hes happy that im somewhat okay now, and that its all okay. But next time when something happens 'i should tell him so he doesnt worry'.

And that line it self made me nervous. I felt myself blush, who even blushes? Hes just so. So perfect, its hard to believe hes even real. And it not just the way he looks, its the way he acts. The things he does. He cares and i can tell, nobody besides my family and mer has cared so much as him. Nobody texted me every day and kept asking me if is was okay and that i can talk to him.

And i have a secret, im not even scared of falling for him anymore. Cause i know i cant escape it. And im not trying to sound too cocky, but im pretty damn sure he likes me too.
Cause the only other explanation would be that Jacks in love with Trevor and he's trying to suck up to him by caring about me.
But i dont think thats it.

Im looking at myself in the mirror seeing the dark circles under my eyes, that i tried to cover up, my long thin hair in my natural curls. I put on a little bit of makeup, mascara, blush, concealer.
I guess its now that i have addmited my feelings towards jack to myself, im a lot more nervous then before. Its like i feel the presure to look good, to put effort in my appearance.
But im not doing anything too crazy, im still in my dark blue plad pj pants and my gray zip up, so dont worry, i still dress like a homeless man.

I look at my phone and see that jack should be here in a minute.
I grab my bag and head out my bedroom door.
The second i open the front door to leave i see jack pull up. When i jump in his car, he greets me with my Starbucks and a charming smile. Usually that smile doesnt affect me in any way, but now i genuelly feel myself start to blush in his presence.
"Good morning" i say quietly and accept the coffee.
"Good morning to you too. Did you sleep well?" He asks and he doesnt sound like hinself.
He sounds like he might be nervous.

He starts the drive to school and i glance at him as i answer his question.
"Uhh, yea. A few hours. What about you?" I ask him and try to memorise his side profile. Cause OH MY GOD he is so attractive.

"Guess. Just try and guess" he says with a smile on his face.
"Uhh, eight?" I take a basic guess.
"Close. I got eleven hours of sleep" he says proudly
"Holy shit. Wow. Thats a lot"

And after that the car is completely quiet. I dont want to say it's awkward, but it kind of is.

"Hey, so i wanted to ask you something" he says as we pull up to a red light. He faces me.
"Yea, whats up?" I ask having no idea of what could it be.
"So...umm." he seems that he cant quite say it out loud.
"Dude, just spit it out, im dying here" i joke.
"Do you maybe want.... doyoumaybewanttocometomygametonight?" He blurbs all of it.
I was not able to figure out what he tried to say.
"Jack, its still early in the morning, please a bit slower"
"I said" he takes on deep breath looks away for a second and then says "do you maybe want to come to my game tonight?"

I feel like my heart stoped in that moment.
I smile and say "if you want me there, i'll be there" i feel like a girl who is crushing real hard. Well i am. But still.

"Starts at 6" he says as he trys to hide his smile by biting his cheek.
"I could give you my jersey if you want, and I'll give you a ticket also for Mer too."

All i can do right now is smile at him.
I have zero words for what im feeling. Towards him, and just in general.
He starts to drive again and that forces him to tear his gaze away from mine.
"Birdy, you're not answering. So, i dont know, uhhh. Turn on the radio if yes, and open the window if no."

All im able to do is turn on the radio. And I gasped when I heard what song was playing. "Lover" by taylor was playing i could feel my face turn pink. So i spent the rest of the ride looking out the window and drinking my coffee while singing quietly the lyrics of lover.

When we arive at school we dont really hurry towards the school even though we have only 3 minutes before class starts.
"So, i'll give you the tickets and jersey when i pick you and mer up before the game. I'll text you later at what time."
"Great and yea okay. Mom isnt going tonight and you know trevor, he doesnt come home before a game"
"He goes straight to the rink" both of us say that at the same time.

"So i'll see you later then" i smile at him as i walk backwards on the way to my classroom.
"So you later birdy" jack winks and gives me a cute smile.

So forget anything i ever said about hating mornings, cause im a morning person now.