chapter twenty

A/n
I have a love hate relationship with my English teacher. Cause i have to write a play. Like a full play. And i aint using any of my book ideas i have for the future on a half assed play. So im writing the whole folklore love triangle. You know, james, betty and augustine.
And also, guess who cant realize if the guy i like likes me back. But the complicated part is that he has a girlfriend, but no guy has ever treated me the way he does, like in the best way possible. But, im not gonna try to break them up or anything, thats just fucking horrible.
___________________
Wrens pov♡

The memory keeps replaying in my mind over and over again, and it never gets old.
And it just keeps getting better, every time it replays.
So Mer and I are thinking of going dress shopping tomorrow, that will be fun, knowing mer she will drag the day out as long as possible.

Im in my room, later that same night, looking at pintrest for some dress inspos when Trevor opens my bedroom door.
"Well, well, well isn't it mom least favorite child, come one in" i tease him.

Trevor with his nasty ass gym shorts and wet hair plops on my bed right next to me.
"Why didn't you tell me you had, sorry have, the hots for jack?" He asks not daring to look at me.

"I dont know Trev, maybe because he's your friend and... im gonna be honest when i tell you, we really were just friends but i guess those feelings changed" i shrug and save another dress to my board.

"So you do like him huh" he rolls over so hes on his stomach, face down in the pillows.
"Yea, and i already apologize about the fact that i'll become his favorite zegras sibling"
"Ohhh, is that so? And why do you say it so confidently, maybe he will at least have some respect to the bro code after all"

"Well, i dont know, maybe because he can fuck me but not you" i say and it doesn't take 0.2 seconds for Trevor to have his ears covered and singing 'la la la la la la la la la'
"Hahahha, what cant handle the facts?" I laugh at him

"AHHHH, I DIDN'T NEED TO KNOW THAT WREN, YOUR MY FUCKING SISTER FOR GODS SAKE" Trevor yells and runs out my room.

Ahhh... i love making his life miserable.

*next day, well more like 1:30 am*

I love my bed, and not in a quirky way. I genuinely love it. My covers are soft, my pillows are perfect, especially when you position them right. I cant pass out on the couch because all i can think about how good i'll sleep in my bed. And im not even gonna start on how much i love sleeping.
So when i hear my fucking phone ringing at night while i was in the middle of one of the coolest dreams ever, i was pissed as hell.

My hands reach out towards my night stand trying to find my loud, obnoxious phone. When my hands reach it i drag my fingers across the screen to ignore whoever is calling me. But it doesn't take them another 15 seconds they are calling me again.

So i guess i'll just answer. My eyes cant even seem to open.

"What" i basically growl in my phone.
"Ohh my god, im so sorry did i wake you?" I hear jacks voice from the speaker.
"Yea fucker, what do you want, cause im 2 minutes away from dragging my ass out of bed and going to your house to kill you for waking me"

"Shit, well i uhh, can i stay at yours tonight? Is just that, im really drunk at i planned on staying at coles but, that got canceled, and i cant go home like this and.." he tried to keep talking but i just cut him off.
"Shut up, yes, just shut up. Dont make a lot of noise and if you stay here, you gotta be gone tomorrow by 10, got it?"
"Yes meam, and goodnight sweetie"
"Dont call me that" i say and hang up.

Next morning i am woken up by the sun beaming in my face. I try and find my phone somewhere in my bed and when i reach it, i look at the time. Its 11:23, so i have about 2 hours before Mer is knocking on my door.

I start to get out of bed to head to my bathroom when i notice a bouquet of flowers on my desk.
I basically run towards my desk.

When i pick up the flowers i see note that falls out.
My birdie,
Im so sorry for waking you, so let me make it up by taking you out tomorrow night. I wont take no for an answer soooo... i'll see you later tomorrow.
Yours, Jack.

I physically cannot restrain my facial muscles from forming a smile.
Damn this man really has me giggling and blushing. What did has he done to me?

After maybe 2 hours Mer is knocking on my door as expected, and shes all but too excited to go shopping.

"Soo, what do you have in mind?" I ask her as she starts reversing out of my drive way.
"Uhhh, im thinking like violet or purple, pastel maybe. But something in that area. What about you?"
"So ive been seeing these gorgeous like fairy tale type dresses all over pintrest, with a lot of tool and lace flowers. Something like that, you know?"
"I can totally see that, like that would fit you so well. Also, its so not on theme, that its on brand for you"
"Uhhh, i know" i laugh at her comment knowing its true.

Listen, i dont ever want to be that one girl who trys to be different in every way possible. But, if i like a dress i'll wear it, i wont wait for "the right time" for it. And maybe if the dress has snowflake lace instead of flower or butterfly i'll probably love it none the less. Anything can change. Maybe i'll decide on a Greek type dress, but i can promise you that i will never, ever wear one of those tacky mermaid dresses in ugly bright colors. I dont get how anybody can like those.

We have been walking from store to store for about 2 hours now, and Mer cant choose between two dresses, even though both of them are beautiful.
I bought the first one i tried on, i guess i got really lucky in that matter, but im also not that picky. It fit well, it looked exactly like the dresses i had pinned on pintrest and it wasn't even that pricey. It was the perfect dress.
*  the dress   *