•21•

We Are Grounders Part One (12,2)

"Murphy, she's got nothing to do with this. You've got me, now let her go."

Murphy's gun was now trained on Bellamy, Tyra almost had half the mind to believe Murphy no longer saw her as a threat, or in general. But by how he threateningly stood above her, she was almost positive she was still on his radar.

"You don't give the orders in here, Bellamy."

"That's how it works, doesn't it? I give you an
order, you follow it, right?" Suddenly, Murphy yanked Tyra upwards, pressing her body against his while he held the gun right under her chin. And even when she tried moving her head to the side, Murphy only grasped painfully onto her hair and held her head straight.

Bellamy in front didn't miss the sudden eye squint as Murphy yanked Tyra's hair backwards. Tyra was in pain, he had hurt her. And if Murphy wasn't pointing the rifle at her, keeping her life dangling right in front of his eyes, Bellamy would've already killed Murphy for his actions.

"Tie the belt." Murphy kicked a binding similar to Tyra's own at Bellamy's feet, yet he still didn't move. His fists clenched by his sides as he stared at Murphy with the same look he had given him at the cliff, a look that was ready to kill.

"Let her go." Murphy yanked on Tyra's hair again until her nose was facing toward the ceiling, the gun now pointed at her throat. The cold metal searing her skin against her neck.

Tyra could only hope Murphy's tough treatment didn't re-open her already scabbing wounds along her scalp, all courtesy of Clarke.

"You wanna keep playing the leader?"

"I don't want anyone to get hurt." Murphy released his hold on Tyra for a bit, letting her rest her head in its normal position facing Bellamy before Murphy shot at his feet, making him jump back.

Bellamy looked more defeated than anything, like he was between a sword and a wall, no options or way to escape.

But he did have the option to rush Murphy, Tyra's chance of survival there was near zero, but Bellamy had the high chance of making it out safe and alive. The question was; why wasn't he doing it?

"That's good. Then do what I said." Bellamy did as he was told and crouched down to pick up the binding Murphy called a belt, holding it by his side.

"Bellamy? Bellamy! Are you and Tyra ok?" Octavia's voice suddenly crackled through the radio Murphy had taken from Jasper, which was hidden in his pants.

Tyra would've been lying if she said she wasn't even at least slightly touched at the fact that Octavia had also asked about not only her brother's well-being, but also her own.

But that was probably due to Tyra being good friends with Lincoln, and him being in a romantic relationship with Octavia. Octavia was only concerned due to Tyra's close relation to Lincoln, that was the only plausible explanation she could come up with.

Murphy pulled out the radio from his pants, tauntingly holding it in front of Tyra, so Bellamy could see. "You want her to know you're alive? Start tying."

Once again, Bellamy followed Murphy's orders, beginning to tie the binding in a specific way, almost like a loop.

"Bellamy! Do you copy?" Octavia asked once more through the radio, Murphy pressing the radio to Tyra's mouth while he pulled the gag down with the same hand he was holding the gun with.

"Your time to shine." Tyra met Bellamy's eyes, and he nodded, Murphy wouldn't let him speak. Tyra could only hope that Murphy wouldn't recognize the heavy accent she was about to speak with, after all, they definitely had interrogated him back at Anya's camp by speaking a similar English to her own.