•23•

We Are Grounders Part Two (13,2)

Tyra let a variety of arrows fly as she stood atop the rock formation they had previously been using to hide from the sky people, her hiding spot now being replaced by thick tree trunks that kept losing chunks of it every time a bullet hit.

As she shot her last arrow and skilfully hit another Reaper who was attempting to take down Anya from behind, Tyra received no thanks, but that was not why she did it anyway.

She suddenly felt a sharp pain on her temple as her head was smashed in against the tree by a Reaper who had sneaked up on her.

Tyra swung her bow toward the Reaper's head, giving her just the distraction to take out her knife from her waistband, and while the Reaper attempted at attacking her, Tyra stabbed her knife into its jugular.

The Reaper spluttered, staring wide-eyed at Tyra before she slashed her knife in further, cutting a near perfect straight line across his entire neck, effectively splitting it open. With a strong grip on the slippery hilt, Tyra yanked out her knife, letting the Reaper's body drop.

Tyra blinked a couple of times to clear her vision from the hit she had received while she secured her bow around her back, instead switching out for her already slippery knife and her freshly sharpened sword.

Once she was ready, Tyra ran into the battle, making sure to weave between the trees since the sky people were still shooting toward them from behind their camp's walls.

Tyra's second kill of the night was yet another Reaper, who had a warrior pinned against the ground, punching so ruthlessly that it had the warrior's head swishing from side to side. Tyra skilfully had sneaked behind it and with a battle cry stabbed her sword through its rib cage, letting the Reaper drop to its knees before she kicked it off her sword and therefore the warrior.

She quickly handed her arm to help heave the warrior up, receiving a nod in thanks before they both rushed back into the frenzy of blood.

A Reaper came from Tyra's left and sent its leg flying toward her, she jumped back just before its foot could collide with her rib cage and swung her sword, slashing at its arm. It tried sending a punch toward her head, but Tyra ducked, sliding closer towards the Reaper's body while she stabbed her sword through its leg.

The Reaper yowled in pain, about to grab Tyra in a bear hug and squish her insides in a very deadly manner, but Tyra quickly sprung onto her feet and shoved her knife in the spot where she knew its heart to be.

Once inside, Tyra turned the knife over and over again until blood was pouring out of the Reaper's mouth like a waterfall and then dropped dead. Leaving her enough time to retrieve both her weapons back into her hands.

Tyra ran headfirst into another Reaper, receiving a swift punch to the jaw before she had stabbed her sword through its stomach. With a loud heave, Tyra moved her sword sideways in a jagged line, ending up gutting the Reaper in a much less clean matter than she had earlier with her knife.

She could already feel her blood pooling inside her mouth from the hit of the last Reaper, apparently she had bitten herself somewhere inside her mouth, but she had no other choice but to endure the pain for the time being.

The only relief she'd allow herself was spitting out the mouthful of foul tasting metal, after all, it was too dark to tell the difference between red and black blood in all the rush of battle.

"Now to the wall!" Tristan yelled from the front while Tyra rushed to one of the last Reapers there.

The warriors around her cheered with another battle cry, running as one towards the door of the sky people, shoving their shoulders in, and kicking it enough for another batch of warriors to tie ropes around the gate to use horses to pull it off.