15 | Found Family

"Do you have a queen?"

"I don't think so." The boy with spiky jet black hair, akin to a sea urchin, across from you says quietly as you inspect his ant farm.

You're squinting, turning the small square container around on the table, "I don't see one. Maybe we'll get lucky, and we can find one today." You smile at him, happy he finally said something to you after the better part of a half an hour.

"You look kind of silly."

"Wow. When did you get so rude?" Satoru complains, "I expect that from your brother, but from you? That really hurts."

Megumi's been watching you with a dull expression since you walked in, eyes flickering over to Satoru and Tsumiki every so often where they sit behind you.

Really, you can't blame the kid. He's never met anyone, anything, like you before. You'd be curious and confused too if an anomaly suddenly walked into your life - one where you're already a minority with superhuman abilities.

You'd know because that did happen, so you followed him.

Now, that man sits on the small couch behind you, in a tiny apartment on the second floor while Tsumiki grabs sections of his hair putting them in small colored hair ties, spiking his hair out in a similar fashion as Megumi's. She's giggling and laughing while messing up his "perfectly styled hair," as he had called it; Satoru's laughing too, but you can also feel his gaze on the back of your head, assessing Megumi's reaction to you.

There hasn't been one, so to speak. Tsumiki easily took a liking to you but the younger boy doesn't seem to have feelings about you one way or the other... as far as you can tell.

"Why did you come here?" Megumi finally asks.

Behind you, Satoru sighs, "it's been a while since I've come here to visit. Thought it would be good to make sure you two hadn't burned the place down."

In complete honesty, it was your idea to visit them at their place. Satoru wanted to bring them over to his apartment but you thought they might feel a bit more comfortable in their own space.

It's been three months since everything happened with Suguru and the cultists who tried to sacrifice you. During that time, there have been a lot of conversations with the higher ups, a ton of paperwork (all of which Satoru was unsuccessful in threatening Ijichi to do for him). On top of all that, Satoru has been forced to do extra missions as a form of punishment for having killed several non-sorcerers, despite his arguments about how they were a threat and already knew of the Jujutsu world.

There was also some talk about firing you. About how you've proven to be more of a liability than originally anticipated with the whole Nanami and cultists incident, the higher ups wanted to reinstate your execution. Those conversations didn't last long - all you know is Satoru would go to meet with them, tell you what they were talking about and then one day he said that conversation was over.

If you had to guess, he probably threatened to Hollow Purple each and every one of them out of existence unless they dropped the subject.

Due to his missions taking up a good portion of his time recently, there hasn't been a lot of time for anything extra between the two of you, though that hasn't stopped you from being at his place more than your own at this point. Satoru has opened up to you more as well, usually late at night or early morning conversations when he's just getting home and laying in bed before falling asleep.

He's talked about his childhood, and what it was like growing up in one of the three major clans, how his views are drastically different from the other clans, and even within his own. Satoru has also shared a lot of stories about Suguru, and their time at Jujutsu Tech as students. You've been letting him talk, open up to you at his own pace, not trying to push for any more than he's ready to give.