16 | Yes

AN: I want to start this chapter off by saying THANK YOU to everyone who has taken the time to read this little story I randomly thought up one day. And thank you to everyone who has added this to their reading lists and voted on it!

AN2.0: I'm considering doing an "Infinity 2" - a continuation with this couple, set a few years into the future. Let me know in the comments if that's something you would be interested in!

∞∞∞∞∞

Meeting Megumi and Tsumiki went well last week and Satoru has been ecstatic ever since. He told everyone at work about how you were able to get Megumi to smile while you sat back and laughed while Shoko blatantly ignored him, and Nanami grumbled about how he didn't give a shit.

Now, you're in Satoru's kitchen, opening a package of cookies first thing in the morning. He ordered breakfast and just got done unpackaging everything and splitting it out onto separate plates. You're planning on giving him a few cookies to crumble onto his waffles while he adds an exorbitant amount of whipped cream to his already too sugary morning confection that sits atop his waffles.

Satoru's elbow is on the island countertop, chin resting in his hand as he watches you pick one of the cookies out and twist it to reveal the creamy inside and lick the icing off.

"I love you."

You blink several times, tongue out on the chocolate cookie looking absolutely ridiculous as your eyes search his face, unsure if you just heard what you think you heard.

A goofy smile spreads across your face when you realize how you must look in front of him, frozen, partially eating a cookie, so you clear your throat and set it down as your body heats from embarrassment.

"I love you too." You tell him, a little breathless from his random morning confession.

He smiles, wide and all teeth as your cheeks flush and you bite your lip trying to hide your face from him. At no point in your life, even up to when you followed him to Japan and met him again at the strip club did you think you would have fallen in love with the overly cocky kid you met back in New York.

But you have, and it was the easiest thing you've ever done.

You're not exactly sure of the moment you realized you were in love with him. It could have been in the cave with cultists, or even when you had your heart to heart over the Tokyo skyline. Perhaps it was when he took you out on an impromptu date after the night you saw him at the strip club.

It could have even been the moment you first laid eyes on him.

All you're really sure of is when you look at him, it makes your heart race, that when you're not by his side you want to be. That when he's gone on missions, you miss him. And you want your lives to be entwined in every possible way - the good and the bad.

"I know." He said simply, watching you pull out several cookies from the package in front of you. "Bring those here."

You look at him through thick lashes on the other side of the island with a soft smile before walking around to the other side. He grabs you by the waist with one arm, pulling you in close to him as you crush several of the cookies in your hand.

"You know, this looks disgusting, yet oddly beautiful." You're watching the dust from the cookies fall gently on top of the mounds and slopes of whipped cream.

Satoru opens his mouth to reply and by now you just know it's going to be something he means innocently, but is going to come out the wrong way so you shove the remaining cookie in his mouth, making him chuckle.