( 𝟐𝟐 ) 𝐮nexpected!

"I deeply regret my decisions," I whisper-shouted into the phone, hurriedly stepping around the empty park greenery

"I deeply regret my decisions," I whisper-shouted into the phone, hurriedly stepping around the empty park greenery. The pair of pink Mary Jane's I wore were beginning to make my heels and feet ache, "Maybe I should just go home. Yeah, I'm going."

"Y/n, you're freaking out over nothing," He scolded from the other end, his rough voice raising as he droned on, "Why are you so scared? It's just Kenma."

"You know damn well why I'm so nervous," I rolled my eyes, plopping down on a bark bench while releasing a heavy sigh, "Kenma is driving me insane. That son of a bitch makes me feel things and I don't like feeling things. Not one bit. In fact, I'd prefer to be a rock or maybe a piece of gum? Oh, actually scratch that, I want to be a small little rabbit so all I worry about is carrots and being cute-"

"Relaxxx," Kuroo chuckled, "You're doing that thing where you ramble on and on again."

"Sorry," I groaned, "Maybe... maybe I like Kenma. Just a little."

A few footsteps started to echo from my left, the sound of shoes slowly approaching made me look up. The blonde boy nonchalantly stared at me while walking with his hands in his pocket made me jump a little, "Fuck- Kuroo, I'm gonna go now. Call you later."

Kenma stopped in front of the bench, his eyes flitting from my hair to my shoes and then back to my eyes. He tilted his head silently without a word as I nervously pulled at my clothes, wondering what on earth he could be thinking.

"You look... pretty," Kenma said with an unchanging expression.

"Oh- um, thanks," I simply nodded.

"So, what do you want to do?" He still stood right in front of me, eyes piercing and golden as ever. A sweet breeze passed as we just stared for a moment.

"I don't really know," I admitted.

"Then why did you call me out here? To stare at each other the whole time?"

That made me flush red, "Shut up. Let's go to an arcade," I got up with my nose high and started walking down the pavement. My cheeks were red and my head high as I tried to shake off my unwarranted nerves. Kenma followed close behind, a light laugh coming from his soft pink lips.

The local arcade was empty per usual apart from the two elementary school kids playing ski-ball. I never did understand why this place wasn't a popular hangout for locals; it had several good games and they served food as well. Wasted potential, in my opinion.

"What's your favorite game?" Kenma asked without looking at me.

"Er... maybe dance-dance revolution? I'm not good at it though," I scratched my neck with a wry smile. And immediately Kenma flashed me a smirk and dragged me off to the back of the dark arcade where the very game laid.

The flashing lights of the game danced across the room like a spotlight, the rainbow colors blinking on and off repeatedly.

"Let's play," He held up a coin he had bought prior, "I want to see you dance."

"What? No, that's weird," The truth is the thought of dancing in front of him made me want to bash my head into a wall, "Let's play something else..."

"Why? Chicken?" He started making clucking noises with his mouth. Son of a bitch.

"Fine, you little shit," I rolled up my sleeves, stepping onto the platform with furrowed eyebrows. He put in the coin and the game begun, the intense electronic pop sounds sung out as I chose my song and then the countdown started, "God, I can't believe I'm doing this," I mumbled and started moving my feet to keep up with the instructor.

"Woohoo," Kenma teased from the sidelines.

"Shut up, Kozume!"

And just as quickly as it started, I finished. Huffing and puffing as I sat down on the platform as the big bright screen showed down at me with my score. My TA was 1,830 which even impressed me. I wasn't a dancer but I knew how to follow some simple instructions.

Kenma's stupid laugh replaced the ringing in my ears, "Wow, you didn't totally completely suck."

I rolled my eyes, "Fuck off. I'm tired now. And sweaty."

"I got it all on video," He taunted with a menacing smile, flashing his phone to me. I saw myself in the screen, aggresively dancing with a serious look on my face.

"You dickwad!" I got up chasing the damn boy through the rows of arcade games that seemingly created a maze of wires and glowing lights.

"What's wrong? It's funny!" He continued to move just out of my reach, I stumbled as I tried my best to snatch the device from his hold.

Thud!

Oh shit, ow... Kenma's breath huffed on my face as I rubbed my eyes. Coming face to face with his golden orbs and his pink lips. His hand gripped my waist as the both of us sat surprised at the closeness. The sudden urge to both die and kiss the boy consumed me.

"S-sorry," I didn't mean to stutter but his eyes were making me anxious.

"Don't move."