➜ 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗒?𝗆𝗂𝗌𝗍𝗅𝖾𝗍𝗈𝖾?ˣᵐᵃˢ ˢᵖᵉᶜⁱᵃˡ

𝗞𝗘𝗡𝗠𝗔 didn't really like the holidays; normally he'd prefer to curl up into a blanket with his switch and wait out the winter

𝗞𝗘𝗡𝗠𝗔 didn't really like the holidays; normally he'd prefer to curl up into a blanket with his switch and wait out the winter. Kenma and cold didn't really go together. You, on the other hand, were the type to put Christmas decorations up the first day of November, making Christmas treats until the sunlight dropped, and even blast Christmas music so loud the neighbors complained. Kenma would complain and complain, huddling into his blanket deeper as the muffled music boomed through your shared house.

But he never took the chance to reach over and turn it off; your husband silently enjoyed watching you hum along to it and dance; he liked the small smile that pulled on your lips as you mixed the cookie dough and decorated the tree.

"What are you looking at?" You asked with a small smirk, watching as your husband blushed like a little boy. Even after two years of marriage he still acted like you were his middle school crush.

Kenma cleared his throat and went back to his game of Animal Crossing, eyes following the villagers as they waddled across his screen through the white, blinding snow.

"Nothing," His cheeks were red and he knew that you saw. Kenma liked to just watch you sometimes. Watch you exist, watch you giggle and speak to yourself every once and a while. He liked watching your unkept curls fall in front of your face as you wrapped a garland around your tree. He'd study you silently as you'd take the pink and white ornaments (which you insisted the two of you needed) and place them along the neat pine.

"Uh huh," You teased, stepping around the boxes of ornaments and decor, keeping your eyes on your elusive husband.

Kenma had changed a lot since the two of you first met; his hair now solid black, long but cut just below his jaw, his eyes were less tired now, golden like a cats piercing gaze. His features were always more relaxed than before; even when he was sporting a stoic, stone faced glare. Kenma smiled so much more, his laugh lines cute on his porcelain face. He almost always smiled when you did. It was contagious, he thought.

Kenma keened, adjusting himself on the couch as you approached, feeling your eyes bore into him just enough to make his heart race.

He looked up again, "What?"

You took the switch from his hand, pulling him up and off the couch with a groan, not expecting him to be as heavy as he was. Kenma stood up finally, not giving you a hard time.

"You want to help?" You asked hopefully, eyes wide and smile cute as you held eye contact with him for as long as he'd let you. Kenma complained, pushing your face away gently.

You gripped his hands, jingling them around like bells while letting out more pleas and promises, "Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please—"

That paired with the corny Christmas music made Kenma give in. "Fine, okay, okay."

You beamed as you brought him over to the tree, his fingertips ice cold against your skin. Despite the heating being turned on, Kenma was really susceptible to cold weather. Kenma huffed but from the way you two were standing you couldn't see the sweet smile on his face as his eyes fell to the place your fingertips intertwined.