( 𝟒𝟖 ) 𝐚fter𝐠low

Kenma rapped on the door with his cold knuckles, a shiver running up his spine as the night breeze brushed passed him

Kenma rapped on the door with his cold knuckles, a shiver running up his spine as the night breeze brushed passed him. The sound of footsteps echoed through the door, the porch light turned on and there stood the tall raven haired boy.

"Look who it is," Kuroo couldn't do anything besides smirk. He had texted Kenma that Y/n was with him, but he didn't expect the boy to run all the way over, "May I help you?"

Kenma rolled his eyes, "You know why I'm here, Kuroo." Kenma side-stepped, peaking over Kuroo's shoulder. The girl was nowhere in sight.

"Unfortunately, she is fast asleep," Kuroo tutted with that same smirk, "But you and I can talk. Tell me, what's the issue?" Kuroo was talking softly, clearly ready to listen.

Kenma groaned, stepping inside the boys house. It was even colder inside than it was outside; Kenma hissed against the freezing temperatures.

The two boys sat in the living room, silent for a moment in the orange lighting.

"You screwed up man," Kuroo said knowingly.

"Don't you think I know that?" Kenma retorted with his head in his hands. Another moment of silence.

"I know," Kenma repeated, "I just- I just keep messing up! And I hate that. I hate that it hurts her, really, I do. And I like..." the boy trailed off, "I like her so much it's unreal." The last part was mumbled but Kuroo caught on.

"Did you explain everything to her?"

"I tried. But I don't blame her for not listening... I look like a major idiot."

"True." Kenma sent his a death glare before turning his head to face the fireplace that was old and unkept. The ashes from old fires still fanned around it in small clumps and piles.

"But, maybe if you truly sit her down and explain everything," Kuroo began again, getting up with his hands in his pants pockets, "Maybe she'll listen. Although, she is more of a talker than a listener."

Kenma chuckled lightly, "She is."

"Anyways, I'm tired. It's late, I'm going to sleep."

"You think 10:25 is late?" Kenma lowered his eyes in confusion.

Kuroo turned around sticking out his tongue, "Sorry I don't stay up till the sunrise like you mister gamer boy," The black haired boy sauntered off, switching off the light on Kenma. He just sat there, pondering on what to do now.

Kenma stood up and creeped upstairs, trying to find the guest room in which he assumed she stayed in. He tried his best to be quiet, but it seemed the night was against him because every step he took a creek would emit.

He cursed at himself, outright deciding to just walk normally instead of on his tiptoes.

The boy ultimately found the door, peaking in cautiously. There she was, sound asleep under a mound of blankets. Her sleeping face was delicate and soft, she looked like a Disney princess.

And then he noticed the drool leaking out of her jaw and snickered to himself. Quickly pausing in case she stirred.

He crept over, sitting beside her pretty frame with a soft smile spread on his lips.

He'd never been so infatuated as he is now. After his whole life he always thought love like this was only in films. He thought it was something Hollywood made up to cure the boredom of the world.

But maybe he was wrong. I mean, after seeing this pretty girl and her lovely hir and her even lovelier face, it was all so clear that Kenma was in love. Head over heels for this girl. Although, it was too soon to admit that.

"Hey, darling," He had cooed softly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, "It's been a while... you- you look pretty." He said hesitantly, remembering all the media he's consumed about situations just like this. Realizing that she could very much be awake. He pulled his hand back.

Her body turned, she adjusted the blankets and pushed a few off but remained fast asleep.

Kenma hummed before placing another hand on his forehead, "I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry. I've been hurting you all this time. I don't ever want to hurt you. Ever. You can bet money on it I'll never ever hurt you again."

"Wow, touchy moment," Kuroo spoke from the doorway.

Kenma pulled his hand back, jolting upwards at the sound of Kuroo's voice. His cheeks glowed red from embarrassment.

"You fucker," Kenma clenched his teeth.

"Hm? Kenma?" Y/n's voice serenaded from the bed. Kenma gulped, looking back at the girl with wide eyes and even redder cheeks. Her eyes were puffy as if she had been crying. And Kenma couldn't help but melt at the sight.

"What are you doing here?"