( 𝟐𝟑 ) 𝐝elusional

"Don't move

"Don't move."

I didn't move. I don't know why I immediately followed his orders and I don't know what possessed me to sit right there between his legs like a sitting duck. His hand reached up to my cheek, caressing it before his eyes fluttered.

I didn't flinch.

"Hey, you damn kids!" An older mans voice yelled from the side, "No, PDA in here! Get out!"

I instantly got up but Kenma stayed down, not even acknowledging the older man's existence. I profusely apologized, bowing and nervously mumbling a useless explanation. Kenma and I left out of my many urges. And also since the old man kept giving me stink-eye and I can't handle disappointment.

So we were headed off to a local cafe, I had put a little distance between us. It was awkward but Kenma acted like nothing happened. Was he playing mind games? He had just tried to kiss me. Or maybe I'm losing it... I don't understand how he could completely forget what had just happened between us. That moment felt real. Too real.

We silently sat at a two-seated table in the dimly lit coffee shop. The smell of espresso and baked treats made my stomach grumble in defiance.

Kenma stared at his phone in his chair, not paying me any mind.

"Are you hungry?" I barely spoke out.

"No, you can order though," He didn't even look up.

"Oh, okay," I bit my tongue. Refusing the urge to yell at him for being such a dummy. I got up to go order something but my mind and eyes latched onto the disinterested boy. He didn't move, only his smaller figure hunched above his phone screen. If I wasn't such a wuss I'd go over there and smack him in the face.

I grabbed my drink and his, an iced americano just like Kuroo had told me beforehand. I didn't get food because it felt awkward to be the only one eating. Quickly, I sat down, eyeing the boy intensely. He was pretty but he sure was dick.

"Here," I slid his drink over to him. His eyes finally looked up, flickering between the coffee and I before muttering a thanks. I'm honestly surprised he even had manners.

"Kenma, what's the problem? Why do you hate me?" I was boiling now, "One minute you're disinterested and quiet and the next you're bold and shit. What's the problem? I thought we were finally connecting somehow. But you're doing the same shit again." I urged him with my eyes, pleading for some kind of coherent response besides okay.

He stared up at me. Eyes like a cat that knew things, secrets I would never understand the way he does. I could tell he had things to say, things to tell me. He had a story but all I knew was the outside.

"I don't hate you," He responded plainly. Not even a flicker of emotion on his face.

"Okay then why are you so cold suddenly?"

"I... I don't know," His face faltered with a hint of something I'd never seen on his face before.

"I'm leaving," I got up, afraid I'd raise my voice louder than I already have, "Later, Kozume."

And I half expected him to follow me. Even though it was so unlikely and such a stupid, stupid thought, I wanted him to run after me like in all those K-Drama's I've watched. I so desperately needed some kind of confirmation of these subtle things we keep experiencing. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but the pettiness inside of me rejected that feeling.

As I walked through the now darkening streets, I got a text.

KENMA

kenma

next time drinks are on me

text me when you get home.

sorry i didnt mean to upset you.