17. LEARNING TO LIVE TOGETHER

Learning To Live Together

A few days later, JYP had gotten Stray Kids their very own dorm. But since Stray Kids were only starting out and just getting the bare minimum to survive, just like BTS once upon a time, they had to share the rooms.

And the boys thought the best way to settle who got to stay with who was rock, paper, scissors. Nabi strongly objected to this idea but she was plainly ignored. The boys were already nervous to see who ended up with her. After all, Nabi was still a girl and the rest of the members weren't. It was going to be awkward no matter what, at least until they all got settled in and used to it.

Rock, paper, scissors ended up with Changbin and Chan sharing one room. While Felix, Jeongin, Hyunjin, and Han all shared another room. And then Minho, Seungmin, and Nabi shared the last one.

It was almost too perfect since Seungmin and Minho were the two out of the four boys who weren't against rooming with Nabi. They didn't mind at all because their beds came with privacy curtains and any changing would obviously be done in the bathroom. Also, Minho and Seungmin were the two most organized and cleanest members of Stray Kids. While Han and Jeongin were both on the messier side of things and the rest of the members were just somewhere in between.

The first week together was probably the toughest because everyone was still learning each other's habits and pet peeves. Like how the only girl in the group liked to hog the bathroom as soon as she woke up and how all the boys conveniently forgot to put the toilet seat down after they used the toilet.

They all got pretty annoyed with each other at some point or another but at the end of the day, they put their differences aside and goofed around until they were all smiling and laughing again.

Chan was right, they really were like a family now.

It reminded Nabi of BTS. Even though she was considered one of them and they practically raised her, BTS was still BTS. They had seven members to them and she was naturally an outsider even if they didn't treat her like one.

But now Nabi had her own members to rely on and who could rely on her. There were nine of them. She was the youngest in this family making her the official maknae of the group. And Stray Kids really didn't let her forget it with the way they baby her constantly. Chan especially. Even Jeongin's taken a liking to babying Nabi even though they're really only a few months apart. Nabi loved the attention obviously and she also liked the fact that everyone wanted to take care of her, too.

Stray Kids were her family now. She could finally understand, appreciate, and embrace the bond she had with her members just like Jungkook's bond with BTS.

Stray Kids was home.