42. HIJACKED FROM RECORDING

Hijacked From Recording

Nabi was at the studio with her members recording their latest song Miroh. She sat on the couch behind Chan who was monitoring Han's rap part from outside the recording booth. Minho had finished his own part and so had Changbin, Seungmin, Felix, and Hyunjin. It was just their leader and the two maknaes left. 

For some reason, Nabi especially liked their new song as probably her favorite out of all the other songs they'd written, recorded, and released so far. Maybe it was the strong vibe of it or the powerful dance moves, she wasn't too sure but she really, really liked it.

Hyunjin stopped watching Han from beside Chan and went to sit down behind Nabi on the back of the couch. He had his legs on either side of her as he started to play with her hair. Nabi was used to this by now. Hyunjin always played with her hair, he even said once that he was thinking of growing his own hair out to see what he looked like with longer hair. Nabi encouraged him by saying he'd probably look like an actual prince. He didn't doubt it but he was still debating whether or not to actually do it.

"It was good," Chan said as he pressed the button for Han to hear him. "Let's do it one more time, Han-ah." Han obediently nodded as he released a breath before starting his rap lyrics over again. "Nabi-yah, are you ready to go in next?" Chan asked.

"I'm ready," she replied to their leader.

As she waited for her turn to record, Hyunjin stopped playing with her hair to rather plait it instead. He separated strands before twisting them together. He then smiled proudly at his messy artwork just as Han exited the booth and showed Chan a thumb's up.

"Having fun?" Nabi asked Hyunjin.

He laughed a little before undoing everything he just did to ruffle her hair gently and make it fall over her shoulders again. "It's fun," Hyunjin admitted. "When are you dying your hair again? I think you should try blonde or blue next."

"Not until our comeback, I don't need to damage my hair this early on in our career," Nabi remarked.

Though honestly, she could've dyed it again. She had ridiculously healthy hair and a little more color wasn't going to kill it but she really liked the red right now. Red definitely suited her and red was definitely her color, or at least she felt like it was for this era.

"Okay," Chan said as he spun around in his chair. "Nabi's next and then Jeongin, and I'll go last."

"We're almost done?" Hyunjin asked looking happy.

"Yeah, if you guys want to go back to the dorm you can," Chan told them knowing just how hungry and tired everyone was.

"Who wants to go back?" Minho asked.

"I'm hungry," Changbin complained.

"I still have homework to finish," Hyunjin said.

"I'm hungry too, hyung," Han added with a small chuckle.

"Seungmin-ah? Yongbok-ah?"

Seungmin shrugged not really caring one way or another if he stayed or if he went home. Felix on the other hand nodded because he knew as soon as Nabi and Jeongin were finished recording they'd get sent home too. Chan though would stay behind in the studio until probably the early hours of tomorrow morning again.

"We'll leave then, hyung," Minho said looking at Chan and Chan nodded.

Nabi smiled as she stood up from the couch. Stray Kids was like a perfectly functioning family with Chan and Minho as the parents, Changbin as the oldest son and Jeongin as the youngest son, and Nabi as the maknae and only daughter. The middle children were the 00liners who were troublemakers all of them except for Felix who was the embodiment of sunshine.