11 | insufferable; a boyfriend wish

The evening of the Fairy Festival had come sooner than Kaden expected, and he'd still yet to make a decision.

Niklas, admittedly, had invited him several times throughout the day, to which he rejected the request every time. Skye too seemed to seek him out, noticed by Kaden who went into hiding every time he caught a glimpse of golden hair.

Peeking beside a standing cupboard, Kaden watched as Skye looked around the first-year classrooms, evidently searching for a specific somebody.

That somebody in question, probably himself.

"What are you doing?" Noah stood beside him, glancing sideways at the man hiding in the corner like a mouse or a sneaking fox. The latter description was more fitting.

Kaden blinked. "If it isn't obvious, I'm hiding."

"From?"

"A persistent badger. A clingy dog. Whatever you'd like to call him."

Noah glanced up, quickly zeroing down on the out of place, shining youth who kept looking back and forth. He'd heard of that man, a year younger than he, yet already in the second year.

The third prince, Skye Chauvet.

And arguably, in Noah's discerning opinion, the most fearful of the three.

Reed, as one might know, was the one Noah despised the most. The eldest who discriminated against other species, seeing himself as most superior under the guise of a sweet smile.

One couldn't miss the trace of disgust, of arrogance when he looked down on those that weren't human, or even those that were, yet came from a lower standing.

Then there was the second, Kaden, a fool who liked messing around under the mask of somebody cruel and viscous. A bothersome person that Noah went out of the way to speak to, occasionally. He was still figuring that man out.

Finally, the youngest of the three, Skye.

A genius. Not a single person wouldn't know of him, famed for his intellect. Only, the naiveness that covered every speaking word didn't match his intellect, and there existed nothing worse than an ignorant genius.

"Anyway, crouch down."

"Excuse me?"

Kaden grabbed Noah's sleeve before yanking him down harshly with a surprising amount of strength.

Noah's eyes widened as he was pulled, forced to crouch behind the cupboard with the other. Kaden raised a finger to his lips, still peering around the corner to wait.

"....." A sigh, and Noah willingly lowered his body to participate in this 'stalking' activity. "How long will you wait?"

"As long as it takes."

"You have too much time on your hands."

"And you don't?" Kaden glanced over, raising an eyebrow in challenge. "Do you have any plans?"

"If I did?"

"With what friends?"

"....."

Really, it was a rather mean thing to point out, but it couldn't be helped. Noah wasn't the slightest bit unpopular, being a rare member of the dragon species and all, but he locked himself away, face stuck in the pages of a book.

To begin with, Noah didn't even seem to care in the slightest, displaying an indifference to his classmates who wanted to speak to him.

Noah narrowed his friends. "And am I obligated to spend my leisure with you?"